Indicators for prior day open, high, low and close prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators for prior day open, high, low and close prices

Are there indicators for the prior day open, high, low and close prices based on standard trading hours?

Hello Kraken29,

The 'Prior day OHLC' indicator plots the Open, High, Low and Close of the prior day.

Indicators are calculated on the data series that is selected. If you like the indicator to calculate on regular trading hours, please select the RTH trading hours template for the data series.

If you have an ES 03-24 chart with extended trading hours, you will need to add a 2nd data series for the ES 03-24 that uses regular trading hours first. Then add the indicator and set 'Input series' to the data series that uses regular trading hours. Set 'Panel' to the panel of the data series with the extended trading hours. This will calculate the indicator on the RTH data series, but it is displayed on the ETH data series.

If you like to hide the RTH data series, please hover your mouse cursor on the horizontal line between the 2 data series. Click and hold the mouse button and move up or down to hide the RTH data series.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great reply, thanks Jason! I'll try this out.

Comment

I was able to get this working, but I am confused about something. When I create a new chart, O do it by clicking the + sign on a new tab (from an existing chart). The dialog pops up and I select the instrument, say NQ. I then look at "trading hours" and the default is something like "Se;lect from instrument" and I change that to "US Equities RTH." I then click ok (or whatever) and the chart appears. But, the trading hours are not restricted to RTH. I can add a data range and then it works, but why do I need to do this twice? I feel like I'm misunderstanding something important.

Comment

Please select the 'CME US Index Futures RTH' trading hours template instead. 'US Equities RTH' is used for stocks.

You will need to add 2 data series in 1 chart tab (instead of using 2 chart tabs). Please right click in the chart tab and select 'Data Series'. Subsequently add a 2nd data series of the same instrument which uses the 'CME US Index Futures RTH' trading hours template.

Instructions to add a data series can be found at the link below.
          https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/

Click Desktop Help Guides-->Operations-->Charts-->Working with Multiple Data Series-->How to Add a Data Series.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JoMoon2024  
          Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes