Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing Stop

Hi,
    I would like to implement trailing stops into my trading. I am a manual / discretionary trader, and I do not wish to write code to do this. I typically enter trades manually on the SuperDOM with ATM strategies. The ATM strategies contain profit targets and stops. I have not defined trailing stops within these ATM strategies yet.

I would like the following:
    • To be able to have Ninja apply a trailing stop sometime after the trade has been open, after I have decided that I want to let the trade run, with a trailing stop whose criteria I determine at that time.
    • To have a set of predefined stop rules that I can make this selection from on the fly
    • For some of these stop rules to be based on indicators (e.g. trail below the 8-EMA on a closing basis, that is, if price closes below the 8-EMA and then ticks below on the next candle, close the trade). ...and to be able to specify the chart/timeframe, based upon which I want the rules to be applied.
    • Ideally, I would like to be able to do all of the above for either all of the remaining open position, or for just a part of it.
    Any guidance on how I can achieve the above without having to write custom code or using coded automation is appreciated.
    If it is not possible, then any pointers to other resources that can help me meet my desired outcomes will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no way to accomplish this without the implementation of a custom strategy. If using ATM strategies the trailing stop would be active as soon as the profit trigger value was reached.

Similarly, you would need to manually attach a stop order to an indicator as there isn't a quick way to automatically attach.

I would recommend becoming familiar with each feature to see if you can optimize how each feature is used in your trading. Below are some links in our help guide regarding these features:

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by poplagelu, Today, 05:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post poplagelu  
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes