Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to import Ninja Script Ad onīs

Hey everybody,

I am getting following 2 error messages when I try to import Ninja Script Ad ons:
    • Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC, modify a method signature that other scripts were dependent on, or be missing a required file on either your PC or in the import archive.

I sucsesfuly installed 1 ad on bevor, but since then I can not install any other Ad onīs

Thank you in advanced.

Best regards,

Hello wtykalsky​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Have you contacted the vendor of your 3rd party add-on regarding this issue?

Please note that our troubleshooting with 3rd party add-ons is limited and we advise reaching out to the Developer as they will be expert on their piece of software.​

This message generally means there would be a conflict between something you have installed currently and what you are importing.

You could manually install the item to test what the error is, if you are able to open the import screen and try to import the file, likely you don't have any compile errors so this would likely be a conflict.

Could you tell me, if you either double click on the .zip file to open it and see its contents or extract the .zip, what files are listed? Are they .dll files or .cs files?

With more information on the files in the zip I can provide specific instructions on how to test the file.

I look forward to being of further assistance.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your support.

Both extensions are .cs files

BarTimerCounter.cs and AltRuler.cs

Tha problem exsists with every ad on i want to install.

Comment

Hello wtykalsky​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Can you please check for any platform compile errors?

It may be that there are existing issues impeding the import.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator.
        • Open NinjaTrader
        • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
        • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
        • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
        • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
        • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Windows Snipping Tool.
        • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
        Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
        Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post JoMoon2024  
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses