Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures for German Clients

Hi,

I would be interested in opening an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage in Germany to trade futures.

By doing some research I have found the following statement valid from January 2023:

"Starting 1 January 2023, retail clients domiciled in Germany will be protected from unlimited losses when trading in futures. To this end, the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) will restrict the marketing, distribution and sale of futures to investors.​"

Source:

Starting 1 January 2023, retail clients domiciled in Germany will be protected from unlimited losses when trading in futures. To this end, the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) will restrict the marketing, distribution and sale of futures to investors. In contrast to the draft version of the general administrative act for which BaFin launched a consultation in February 2022, the act now published provides for exemptions: futures trading for hedging purposes will remain an option for retail clients under certain conditions.

Now, I am curious to understand how this may affect the possibility to open an account for German clients with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

How this can affect the possibilities to trade futures freely being in Germany but trading US futures? Dos this apply only to German products?

What are the possible alternatives?

Thanks.

Hello Peppo ​,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Please contact our Sales team at support@ninjatrader[dot]com so we can further assist with this item.

Thank you in advance!
    Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Peppo View Post
      Hi,

I would be interested in opening an account with NinjaTrader Brokerage in Germany to trade futures.

By doing some research I have found the following statement valid from January 2023:

"Starting 1 January 2023, retail clients domiciled in Germany will be protected from unlimited losses when trading in futures. To this end, the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) will restrict the marketing, distribution and sale of futures to investors.​"

Source:

Lately I've been looking into futures trading for German clients and have come across some interesting ideas. One thing that caught my attention was the importance of having a reliable platform on which to scale your business. If you are looking for a reliable solution, I highly recommend trying Sloboda Studio Their expertise in creating custom software solutions may be just what you need to effectively navigate the complexities of futures trading. Who else has experience with platforms for German clients? Let's share our thoughts and recommendations.

Now, I am curious to understand how this may affect the possibility to open an account for German clients with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

How this can affect the possibilities to trade futures freely being in Germany but trading US futures? Dos this apply only to German products?

What are the possible alternatives?

Thanks.

Interestig question.
      Last edited by Sam2515; 04-22-2024, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post bltdavid  
      Started by llanqui, Today, 03:53 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post llanqui