Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Unhandled exception

Dear team,

Since relatively recently, NT8 is taking way to long to connect in the desktop (more than 20 min in some occassions). When it gets finally connected i have multiple error messages like the one below:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	41
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1293739

I read online that it's there might be a script using a lot of data. Is there an easy way to know which script is the one creating the error?

For visibility, the current workspace that i am using only have the control center opened. So i dont have any chart or other things opened.

My guess is that is one strategy script but i dont know how to identify which one(s) is(are) creating the issue.

Please help.
    Thanks!​

Hello linkcou,

Thanks for your post.

This error message typically means that the local computer is not able to allocate enough memory to complete the action NinjaTrader Desktop is asking it to do

Please see the NinjaTrader Support article from our Knowledge base linked below to find out more about this error.

This article gives a cause and resolution of this error message in NinjaTrader Desktop.

If you believe this error is related to a custom script you have on your platform, you could start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode to rule this out.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader Desktop from:
    • Loading workspaces
    • Connecting on start-up
    • Loading custom assemblies
    • Getting instrument updates from the server
    ​How to open NinjaTrader Desktop in Safe Mode: https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US

Also I would advise you to check the amount of storage available on your PC.

To do this:
    1. Select the Start button, and then select Settings.
    2. Select System > Storage.
    How much space is left on your PC? Does the issue persist if you take steps to free up space on your PC?

I've provided a publicly available link below explaining how to free up space with Windows below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...20and%20drives.

You might also benefit from lightening up your workspace.

Please review our Performance Tips, which outline all the best methods for reliable NinjaTrader performance on any machine.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jonafare, 12-06-2012, 03:48 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rene69851  
    Started by Fitspressorest, Today, 01:38 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes