oif file does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oif file does not work

I put a oif.txt file in "C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\incoming" but nothong happens in Ninja Trader.

oif.txt :
    PLACE;Sim101;NQ 03-24;BUY;1;MARKET;0;0;DAY;;;;

I've checked the "AT Interface" in tools options

Could you help me ?

Hello frenchFlorent,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)

To clarify, the 'AT Interface' option in the Tools > Options > Automated trading interface tab is enabled? Is that correct?

Did you restart NinjaTrader Desktop after enabling the 'AT Interface' option in the Tools > Options > Automated trading interface tab?

Note that NinjaTrader Desktop must be restarted for this option to take effect.

I see that you mentioned you put the OIF .txt file in the C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader 8\incoming folder. This would not be the correct folder to place the OIF .txt file.

OIF .txt files should be placed in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming folder as noted in the help gude.

From the help guide:

"OIFs must be written to the folder "My Documents\<NinjaTrader Folder>\incoming" and be named oif*.txt. You can simply send an oif.txt file however, it is suggested that you increment each OIF so that you end up with unique file names such as oif1.txt, oif2.txt, oif3.txt. The reason is that if you send a lot of OIFs in rapid succession, you do run the risk of file locking problems if you always use the same file name. This will result in a situation where your file is not processed."

Here is the Help Guide documentation for information about the AT Interface: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...terface_at.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is version 8.0.28.0 64-bit
      the 'AT Interface' option est enabled, and I restarted NinjaTrader
      Ok for the folder, I've tried with "C:\Users\<user>\OneDrive\Documents\NinjaTrade r 8\incoming", but it still doesn't work (nothing happens)
      Thank you

Comment

Hello frenchFlorent,

Thanks for your notes.

I see you have your Documents folder synced to OneDrive. Please move your Documents folder to your local hard drive on your PC using the following instructions:
        • Completely close NinjaTrader
        • Hover your mouse over the OneDrive icon (the cloud) in the App Tray
        • Right click and select Settings
        • Locate the 'Backup' tab
        • Under the 'Documents' Folder, select 'Stop backup'
        After stopping the backup, you will need to copy the NinjaTrader 8 folder from the original OneDrive Documents location onto the local PC.
        • Go to your Documents folder
        • Locate the 'Where are my files' icon
        • Right click and select 'Open in new window'
        • Locate the NinjaTrader 8 folder from within the OneDrive location
        • Copy and paste the entire NinjaTrader 8 folder into the documents folder on your local hard drive
        It is best to have one window open with the OneDrive documents location and one window open with the local PC documents location to achieve this.

Once you have moved all of the NinjaTrader 8 files over, you will need to do a 'soft reinstall of NinjaTrader Desktop.
        • In the search field on your Windows taskbar, type Control Panel and select this app
        • Select Programs > Programs and Features
        • Locate NinjaTrader in the list, right click, and select uninstall

Once these steps are completed, download and install NinjaTrader Desktop by logging in to your user dashboard with the following link:

After you log in, please click the Download button in the bottom left corner and click the Download button on the Desktop Application Download page.

Once you have finished moving your Documents folder to your local hard drive on your PC, ensure that the 'AT Interface' option is enabled in the Tools > Options > Automated trading interface tab and make sure you are connected to a data feed connection in the Control Center > Connections menu.

Then, test creating an OIF file and placing it in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming folder and report your results.

Note the Log tab of the Control Center for any errors that may appear.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I changed to "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\incoming" which was already existing (I didn't find it before), and now it works.
          Thanks a lot

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post Jonker
          by Jonker

Started by futtrader, Today, 01:16 PM