ask to bid spread NQ. Super DOM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ask to bid spread NQ. Super DOM

i'm getting some orders to fill with ask +1 tick. some aren't. so am adjusting to ask +2 ticks. is there a way to tell the spread? is the low price on the super dom the ask and the high price the bid?

Hello SteveReiza​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Just to confirm, you are referring to the parameters within an automated strategy you are scripting yourself?

For your reference, the bid price will almost always be lower than the ask or “offer,” price.
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. yes, its for my automated strategies. its relative though right. saying the bid is less than the ask is confusing to me. it doesn't make sense. if i'm entering a position i want to request the ask because its lowest price seller will sell. i put it at ask but it declined because the market moved to fast. so, i put it at ask + 1. and, it filled really advantageous. six ticks lower than it would have at market. if i go and sell that position i want to sell at the bid because its the highest a buyer will buy. same thing happened. i had it at bid and the market moved too fast and it didn't fill. same at -1. i put it at -2 today. hopefully, tomorrow it will work. i was just wondering if looking at the super dom those reflect the ask and bid - or, are they all mixed in there? because there is a decent spread from the lowest to the highest. and, with putting it at -2 if i'm and how much of a spread i have left.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza ​,

Thank you for your message.

On the SuperDOM, the blue price is the bid price and green is the ask price.

Please see the link below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/index.html?price_ladder_display.htm#UnderstandingH owMarketDataIsDisplayed

If you have any other questions regarding how to implement this info for your strategy, please email our engineering team directly at

[email protected]
        Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. oh, okay sweet. appreciate the guidance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Bidder
          by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes