Charting the same instrument, 2 different intervals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting the same instrument, 2 different intervals

I want to chart the same instrument, on the same chart, same panel... with 2 different intervals. For example, range bars in the foreground, visible - volume bars in the background (transparent - line on close). I want the displayed range bars to look "normal" ... without gaps from the smaller interval running in the background. How can I set this up?

Hello rdeckard,

Thank you for the message.

If you put both of the Data Series in the same panel, they are going to visually affect each other. There is no way to avoid that unless you stick the different intervals into a different chart window or use time-based charts that are nicely divisible by each other.
    Both Range and Volume Bars are going to form at different rates, so a 4 range bar may take 3 seconds to form while a 1000 Volume bar takes 4 minutes to form.
    • Since these bars are posted at different times, the NinjaTrader Interface does its best to display those bars at the times they posted.
    • Since they post at different times, they don't line up nicely causing odd spaces between some of the bars.
      • This is expected.
    If you wanted the bars to line up nicely, you could use a Time based chart like a 1-minute chart and a 5-minute chart. Or a 5-minute chart and a 10-minute chart.
    • Both 5-min and 10-min can be divided by 5. This is what I mean by divide nicely.
      • Every other bar would line up.
    • If it was a 3-minute and 7-minute chart, these don't divide nicely so they would only have a bar line up ever 21 minutes.

All of that to say, add both of your desired data series to the same chart window:
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Clayton; 02-27-2024, 01:07 PM.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

" page not found "

Comment

Hello rdeckard,

Thank you for the update.

I have our development and forum team investigating the Help Guide links further.

So you don't have to wait for us to resolve that behavior before reading further, you could click through the link tree on the left to end up on the page I linked to by referring to the picture below:
        • Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	38
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1293383

Thank you for letting us know of that behavior so our teams may investigate it further.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes