NT8 Crashing during optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Crashing during optimization

I'm trying to run an optimization for a very simple and rudimentary dataset (CL on the year 2020 for 10 minute candles at instrument hours).
    During the optimization, NinjaTrader 8.0 just closes down without throwing any errors, none in the logs or in trace. Just closes.

I have a pretty powerful setup so I don't think that's the issue here. I'm running a 13900k with 64GB RAM at 5400.

Is there anything known which causes issues with NinjaTrader in terms of stability or anything else? I've fully deleted NinjaTrader and re-installed from scratch to ensure I'm working with a clean setup but to no avail. Help would be highly appreciated.

Hello Devocean,

Thank you for your inquiry and for using NinjaTrader.

Did you create the script that you are running in the optimization utility or is this something that was provided by a third party?

Do you experience the same crashing behavior when you run an optimization on the SampleMACrossover strategy?

Does the crashing behavior occur when you run the optimization over a smaller data set?

I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary,

Apologies for the late response. The default strategies work fine without issues.
      It is a script which is provided by a third party though that does not seem to be the issue at hand as I can run that script perfectly fine on my remote NUC.

The logs do not show any issues, neither does the tracert logs. What I did following this is fully reinstalling NT8, and even over the course of this week, I fully formatted my PC to ensure there's no issues there. I ran memory diagnostics as well to ensure there's no faulty RAM causing an issue either. When this happened again after fresh installations, I was able to get an event captured in the event log which indicates an error with NinjaTrader's custom mscorlib.ni.dll.
      Last edited by Devocean; 03-08-2024, 07:32 PM.

Comment

This is another event which seems to have preceded the above one.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Devocean,

Thank you for your response.

Did you perform the test using the SampleMACrossover strategy to see if you experience the same behavior?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I did, wasn't able to reproduce it with normal strategies as the one shipped with NT by default (the SampleMACrossover) though I did receive the same error when using a custom strategy which did not originate from a third party.

Comment

Hello Devocean,

Thank you for your response.

At this point, it may be best for you to contact our Engineering Support team for a bit more personalized assistance than what we can offer on the support forum. Please contact them by sending an email to scriptingsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com with a description of the behavior and they should be able to assist you from there.

We look forward to further assisting you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post lightsun47  
              Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
              1 response
              0 likes