Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquidity (bid/ask) heat map on NT charts

Hi!
    Does anyone know of a way to set up a liquidity heat map on the NT charts? I.e. scan bid-ask level II, and if there are any large orders or concentrations of large orders, color regions on the chart using heat map coloring.
    For those that use BookMap, I essentially want their heat map of liquidity, just on my NT charts. I don't need the liquidity zones to be "remembered" (i.e. as soon as the offers are lifted or bids are hit, the heat can dim down in those regions).
    If that's not possible with any indicators or settings, is this something that can be plausibly scripted within ~400 lines of code in C#? Although I can use C, I have never used it to create NT scripts, so I am totally new to it.
    If it can be scripted relatively quickly, are there any useful resources that can be linked here to help me get started -- specifically extracting the bid ask data?
    I also understand that if I script this using the native NT rectangle drawings on the charts as building blocks to my heat map, those will change shades and locations at relatively high frequency, especially during high-volume and high-volatility moves. Will that cause glitches on the charts? Most of my trades are quick scalps, and my entries and exits can't be delayed or bugged out, as I will lose my edge.
    Thank you for any advice.
    Best,

Hello levk0malyna,

Thank you for your post and for using NinjaTrader!

NinjaTrader does offer a product that is similar to what you are referring to called the Order Flow Market Depth Map. This product would require a subscription to our Order Flow+ add-on package and does also require Level 2 data from your provider. If you are interested in adding this on to your account, I've provided some additional information for you to reference to ensure that it would meet your needs and how to add it to your account with us.

Market Depth Map overview

How to Add Order Flow+

Have a wonderful day and please feel free to let us know if you have questions.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the prompt reply -- that's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Bidder
      by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes