Strategy Template Will Not Save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Template Will Not Save

I've had this problem before. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I want to save my strategy template. I hit Save, select Save as Default, hit okay - doesn't save. Then I tried naming the template - same thing. Getting tired of having to fill in the parameters every time I insert the strategy. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello Fran888,

Thanks for your post.

To clarify, are you referring to saving a custom NinjaScript strategy as a template or are you referring to saving an ATM Strategy as a template?

If this is a custom NinjaScript strategy, did your program the strategy or is this strategy from a third-party developer?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.
      I'm using 8.0.28.0 64 bit I coded the strategy in the Strategy Builder. When I insert the strategy into a chart, there's a option at the bottom for "template". That's where the problem is. I've used it before - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. Today it didn't work at all. There's no error - it just doesn't save.

Comment

Hello Fran888,

Thanks for your notes.

Please test saving a strategy template as default for the SampleMACrossover strategy.

To do so, right-click on the chart window, select 'Strategies', select the 'SampleMACrossover' strategy in the 'Available' section of the Strategies window, select 'add' in the 'Configured' section of the Strategies window, change the 'Fast' and 'Slow' strategy parameters to say '15' Fast and '30' Slow, select 'template' > 'save' > 'Save as Default'.

Then, remove the SampleMACrossover strategy from the 'Configured' section and re-add the SampleMACrossover back to the 'Configure' section.

Do you see the new instance of the SampleMACrossover with the 'Fast' parameter set to 15 and the 'Slow' parameter set to '30'?

Working with Strategy Templates Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._templates.htm

If so, please try saving a template for your custom NinjaScript strategy. Add the strategy to the 'Configured' section, change the strategy properties, select template > 'save' > 'Save as Default'.

Then remove the strategy instance and re-add the strategy. Note if the strategy properties reflect the properties you save as the default template.

If the strategy instance does not reflect the properties saved as the default template, please share an exported copy of the strategy with me so I may test it on my end and investigate further.

To export the strategy, go to Tools > Export NinjaScript AddOn.

Exporting: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt8/export.htm
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I shut down and restarted. Now it's working again - was able to save the strategy as default. I guess when this happens, I need to shut down and restart - something gets broken once in a while.
          Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Fran888 View Post
            I shut down and restarted. Now it's working again - was able to save the strategy as default. I guess when this happens, I need to shut down and restart - something gets broken once in a while.
            Thanks for your help!
            Thank you co much Fran888 you trick worked, I first closed my NT 8 then I rebooted by laptop and Violla Save Template started working.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Bidder
            by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes