My Chart not moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Chart not moving

What's wrong all my chart is not moving ES, NQ and the rest but I got ask and Bid working, hats wrong with my chart or the platform? It was working this morning.

Hello rene69851,

If you create a brand new chart for the ES 03-24 (ES MAR24) or NQ 03-24 (NQ MAR24) without a chart template, does the last traded price move?

If you test these instruments in another window such as the SuperDOM or T&S window, do you receive realtime data there?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Weird time, I cannot set my trading hours to CME RTH, it creates a weird time. I already set the right time in the trading hours Tool pop up but still it is weird.
      Attached Files

Comment

The 'CME US Index Futures RTH' trading hours template runs from 8:30am to 4:00pm US Central time.

What time zone do you have selected at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->General-->Time zone?

Comment

I checked it is in UTC -Eastern Time. Nothing wrong with the time setting but it seems getting wrong timezone.

Comment

If you have the '(UTC-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)' time zone selected, the chart should load data between 9:30am - 5:00pm when the 'CME US Index Futures RTH' trading hours template is selected.

Can you please proceed as follows.
            • Shut down NinjaTrader Desktop and navigate to the following folder
            • Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db folder
            • Delete the "cache" folder that is within the "db" folder
            • Start NinjaTrader Desktop and connect to your broker/data feed connection
            The db-->cache folder is used to quickly load data, so the first time you load historical data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take longer to load than usual.

Check if the chart loads data as expected. If not initially, please right click in the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

Comment

this is a random question . But when your chart freezes up . Even when i restart the program and reopen the workspace it will still freeze . So i close it and open a new chart . But what causes it to freeze , it happens more when you have the plarform on for a while .

Comment

Hello hoppy222,

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader Desktop if you have multiple workspaces, charts, add-ons, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well. If market volatility increases, the same setup will need more PC resources.

Please check how many workspaces you have opened in total. You can view the workspaces you have opened at Control Center-->Workspaces. If a workspace has a green or grey icon in front, it indicates the workspace is opened. The green workspace shows on your monitors. The grey workspaces are opened in the background - you don't see its windows on your monitors, but they are active and take up CPU and RAM. Check if performance improves when you only have 1 workspace opened (one green workspace and no grey workspaces).

The 'Calculate' setting for indicators and strategies is important. If set to 'On each tick' or 'On price change', the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick or each price change. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If you set it to 'On bar close', the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

You can find more tips and suggestions to improve performance at the link below.
                https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/

Please Configuration-->Performance Tips on the left.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 02-25-2024, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses