Chart Freeze on Anything Except ES and NQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Freeze on Anything Except ES and NQ

I have the most peculiar issue, with my current setup and indicators I've been trading ES and NQ successfully, but the moment I switch instruments to anything like CL, ZN, ZB the chart would freeze then unfreeze for a second only to freeze again. The cursor going over the chart would get stuck then unstuck, response to place a trade takes up to 10 seconds from pressing the buy button. I've taken off all the indicators and still have that issue, I've cleared the cache folders as well.

This is on multiple data connections including replay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello KlausTheMause,

Thank you for the message.

I'm curious if the same behavior happens on a new/basic workspace as well or if it is specific to your original workspace and the things inside of it.

Begin by creating a new "Test" workspace:
    • Go to the Control Center > Workspaces > Click new > Give it a name like "Test" > Click OK
    • Go back to the Workspaces Menu > Hover the mouse over the "Test" workspace > Click save > Now, restart NinjaTrader
    After restarting the platform, it should open to the Empty Test Workspace. Add a Test Chart to this workspace and test if the behavior continues:
    • Go to the Control Center > New > Chart
    • Select the CL 04-24
    • Make it a 1-minute chart
    • Set the 'Days to load' to 5
    • Make sure 'Template' in the top-right corner is set to < None >
    • Set the Time frame > Trading hours > To "Default 24x7"
    • Click OK to make the chart
    Now, try switching the instrument to the others, do the delays and same behaviors continue or is everything working as expected.
    • If the behaviors stopped, then this would mean there is something about the original workspace causing the behavior and would require further investigation to figure out what specifically
    • Or, continue with the new/test workspace and build it back up adding things back in 1-by-1 while being on the lookout for the unwanted behavior to return. If it does, you will know the last thing added back in is causing it.

If the behaviors continue on the new/basic Test workspace, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
    • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
    • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
    • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
    • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
    • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
    • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
      • Send the email
    ​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Clayton for the elaborate response. I did create a new workspace and it worked perfectly even with using my old chart templates. I will now recreate everything under a new one.

Appreciate your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post futtrader  
      Started by Option Whisperer, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response
      0 likes