Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fib Drawing Tool

Would any one be able to help.

I use FIB drawing tool and use a couple of different setups to measure.

It seems that with ninja there is no way of hot keying the templates so you have to manually go in and select the one you want.

Would it be possible for anyone to copy the code for the existing FIB tool and just rename it and re submit it as a new drawing tool/ ninja add on?

This way I could have each template with a new drawing tool eg FIB 1, FIB 2, and have the template I want as the default on each one and a hotkey on each.

IF so can someone point me to how to do this.

Thanks

Bread.

Here's one way of doing this, assuming you're referring to the Fib Retracements (not the Extensions, Circle or TimeExtensions).

Place the attached file in either:
    Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > DrawingTools
    ​or
    Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > AddOns

then open a NinjaScript Editor window and compile (F5).

You should get two new DrawingTools derived from NinjaTrader's built-in Fibonacci Retracements (named them A and B but you can change that easily). Assign the Hotkey for each as you would any other DrawingTool.

For the default percentages/brushes, you can either:
    edit the defaults manually in the file (lines 43-48 and 78-82)
    or
    load up each of the tools, configure it the way you want, then save a template with the name "Default"

I hope this helps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by samir.of.salem; 02-18-2024, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Hello Bread,

Thanks for your post.

We are tracking interest in an existing feature request for placing drawing tools with a template using a hotkey.

Please let me know if you would like me to add your vote to this feature request.

In the Support department at NinjaTrader we cannot create/debug/ or modify code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

If you want to create a copy of a script you could do so by opening a New > NinjaScript Editor window, opening the DrawingTools folder, double-clicking on the file you want to make a copy of, right-clicking within the code of the file, selecting 'Save as', and naming the copy of the script. Note that if any compile errors appear these would need to be resolved.

You could consider taking the approach shared by samir.of.salem using the script file they shared to accomplish your goals.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by samir.of.salem View Post
        Here's one way of doing this, assuming you're referring to the Fib Retracements (not the Extensions, Circle or TimeExtensions).

Place the attached file in either:
        Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > DrawingTools
        ​or
        Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > bin > Custom > AddOns

then open a NinjaScript Editor window and compile (F5).

You should get two new DrawingTools derived from NinjaTrader's built-in Fibonacci Retracements (named them A and B but you can change that easily). Assign the Hotkey for each as you would any other DrawingTool.

For the default percentages/brushes, you can either:
        edit the defaults manually in the file (lines 43-48 and 78-82)
        or
        load up each of the tools, configure it the way you want, then save a template with the name "Default"

I hope this helps.
        thanks so much for taking the time to do this I will try as you said now.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
          Hello Bread,

Thanks for your post.

We are tracking interest in an existing feature request for placing drawing tools with a template using a hotkey.

Please let me know if you would like me to add your vote to this feature request.

In the Support department at NinjaTrader we cannot create/debug/ or modify code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

If you want to create a copy of a script you could do so by opening a New > NinjaScript Editor window, opening the DrawingTools folder, double-clicking on the file you want to make a copy of, right-clicking within the code of the file, selecting 'Save as', and naming the copy of the script. Note that if any compile errors appear these would need to be resolved.

You could consider taking the approach shared by samir.of.salem using the script file they shared to accomplish your goals.
          Please do add my vote to this feature thanks for the reply.

Comment

Hello Bread,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to the existing feature request we are tracking interest for. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2386.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
            Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post lightsun47  
            Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
            1 response
            0 likes