changing pending order to attach to an indicator. freezing screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing pending order to attach to an indicator. freezing screen

i'm submitting an opposite order to flatten a position then click on it to move it to an indicator. i do that, then the screen freezes. its happened a handful of times now.

Hello SteveReiza,

I can't reproduce this on my end when I test. If you close all workspaces but one and only have 1 chart opened, does the issue persist? If so, do you experience the issue if you remove all indicators and add-ons from the chart?

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader Desktop if you have many workspaces, charts, add-ons, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well. If market volatility increases, the same setup will need more PC resources.

The 'Calculate' setting for indicators and strategies is important. If set to 'On each tick' or 'On price change', the indicator/strategy will be calculated on each incoming tick or each price change. During high volatility this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator/strategy makes complicated calculations. If you set it to 'On bar close', the indicator/strategy will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

You can find more tips and suggestions to improve performance at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. yah i have a bunch of indicators on four charts running off my laptop onto a second monitor. i think its the cpu use. i'll see what i can do about getting a desktop cpu that can handle the input.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post AaronKoRn  
      Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post carnitron