Date range doesnt move with main chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date range doesnt move with main chart

Hello, I am currently charting historical data with SPX 1minute bars with history to before 2000 and have various other historical data uploaded in the same chart with varying start and end dates, all different from the SPX. Normally I never had issues, but then I used just 2,3 additional data points, now 6-7.I would like to keep all and like the date range to stick to the main chart, which is SPX. Now the date range moves in some parts and stop totally over years in others. It is clear that those interruptions are tracking the starts and ends of some of the "non SPX" data I have uploaded in different panels, but I am not able to figure out how to let the data rangebe continuous across the whole range / just follow SPX. I cannot just enter the end date of the chart into all the uploaded data series, because they are supposed to lay over each other at some points even when this might solve the issue (Idk if it would).
    I hope the problem is clear and sorry for the complex question.
    Last edited by hansintakt; 02-16-2024, 01:29 PM.

Hello hansintakt,

Sorry I'm not quite sure if I understand.

I assume you have a chart with multiple data series. If so, you could create 2 charts. One chart for only the SPX and the other chart for the other data series.

If this does not solve the issue, please clarify what is referred with the text below.

"I would like to keep all and like the date range to stick to the main chart, which is SPX. Now the date range moves in some parts and stop totally over years in others."
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thank you for your response. It is somewhat complicated to explain. I am trying to chart SPX along with some data series and "indicators" in lower panels which are all supposed to function like indicators for SPX. Therefore I would prefer them all on the same SPX chart. Because I have different data from different data providers in addition to some which I have to chart by using NT (ratio) indicators, I have to put several of them in a sequence to get a continuous depiction of the indicator I want to look at. I am trying to build 1 continuous graph from several components of data series and indicators. Some of the data therefore ends, say 11/2013, where another starts. Because some data sets overlap (and are not 100% equal due to having different data providers), I have to enter these as start /end dates into the data series setup to break off the overlap, otherwise the chart becomes too messy. This is what messes up the data range depiction on the chart and after entering different start/end dates (not from the SPX data series), the depicted data range does not refer to SPX any more, but is distorted by those additional data series dates. It is also not consistent any more. Sometimes the left date is stuck (freezes), sometimes the right, over large parts of the time both of them are and I cannot see where I am in the history.
      At the moment I am using a workaround by not having any of the data end prematurely and setting up the indicators visually in a manner that is not too messy. But this is not an actual solution and ideally I would just like the data range to depict one data range (SPX).

If the issue is too complicated, feel free to ignore it, as the workaround is good enough for me.
      Last edited by hansintakt; 02-18-2024, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post lightsun47  
      Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post 00nevest