Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Historical data download and replay

Hello,

I have multiple problems related to download and replay of historical data. I have freshly installed NT 8 newest version.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	118
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1291597

I am trying to download ask data for ES tick,minute and also daily, on range from about 1.12.2022 to present. It's seemingly downloading for all contract periods beteen these dates minute and daily data, but it's not very well downloading thick data even for very near contract periods like 12-23. it can be seen here:

Views:	129
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1291595​Moreover when I start download with settings described higher it runs first without problems, but then my whole computher starts to freezing and if I don't abort ninja trader it just will stay like that forever without any finish of download.

Then when I try to go to replay session to at least try to replay data points where are all data available, daily, minute and tick. It just don't work. Replay window is behaving like there was no data downloaded at all, while there are accoring to list of downloaded data data daily, minute and tick data for multiple instruments, even though they are not for every contract period like described higher there are period where there is everything seemingly, but replay is still acting like there is nothing to replay it's just gray and not playable. It's not even staticly displayable on chart to be more precise, which is far from being playable.

Views:	120
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1291596

Hello ImrichV,

Thank you for the message.

1. There is only up to One Year of Historical Tick Data on the servers. In addition, that would be broken across the different contracts. There is only up to around 6 months worth of each specific contract on the servers.
    • Tick Data is required for the "Historical Playback" to work when using the Playback connection.

2. The "Market Replay Data" only goes back 90 days from the current date. It won't let you download Replay data from before that.

There are two different Playback Modes. Market Replay and Historical Data. Please click here to see the differences between the two types of data.
    • You would need to download the Market Replay data instead of Historical Data if you want to use that for playback instead.

Please follow along with each of the videos I made below that demonstrate how to use each type of data with the Playback connection:
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All what you mentioned I alredy know and it's not helpfull tu me at all, if I need that info what you have written here I go to help and not to support forum. So I will be repeating my self here as I parot. Like I mentined in post I tried to download historical ask data (tick,minute and daily) for ES on period from 1.12.2022-15.2.2024. As you can see from picture, I was unable to download tick data even for some of the most recent contract months which are inside of your 12 month period in past. For example you can see that 6-23, 9-23 and 12-23 don't have tick data at all downloaded.
      When I start the download after few minutes everything in my PC starts to freezing and until I abort NT it will be like that forever.
      When I try to go to play back connection to play at least data where there is seemingly everything (tick, minute, daily), the historical replay is behaving like there is not data at all, I can't choose any time period on which I want to replay and if I click on play button I get message I posted in original message.

Comment

Hello ImrichV,

Thank you for the update.

Please use the following steps to rename the database file so NinjaTrader automatically creates a new one:​After renaming the database file, use the following steps to remove all of the Old historical data from your PC and re-download it fresh:
        • Close NinjaTrader
        • Go to the Documents folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db, this folder holds all of the historical data
          • Drag the following folders to the desktop and drop them there for now(You can delete them once you are sure you don't need files from inside of them)
            • Tick
            • Minute
            • Day
            • Cache
            • Replay
              • Do NOT delete any other files or folders
          • After moving these folders, reopen NinjaTrader and it will make New ones automatically.

Reopen NinjaTrader and try to download the Historical Data again.

If you are still having trouble with the playback connection after the steps above, Please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
        • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
        • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
        • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
        • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
        • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
        • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
          • Send the email
        ​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

I tried suggested steps, but with the same result. Then I tried to contact technical support like suggested, but it was not working. This is the message I get when I try to send the message:

So I tried to upload the log at least here, but it's a xlsx file after export from NT and such a file is not possible to upload here, so I just copied it's content and attached it as .txt file here​​​​
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Clayton; 02-16-2024, 10:54 AM. Reason: We do not want to upload Log and Trace files to the forum as it is a publicly facing location and may contain private or sensitive information.

Comment

Hello ImrichV,

Thank you for the update.

If the Email Support feature isn't working, this normally means there is an Antivirus program on the computer preventing the platform from sending the outgoing emails.

Either way, since that didn't work, you can use the following steps to send the requested files and information into our support team directly over email.
            • Create an email to: Support[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with the respective @ and .
            • Subject: Enter the URL for this forum thread
            • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
            • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Attach the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email and then send it
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
            ​We look forward to your response and resolving your inquiry.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post AaronKoRn  
            Started by carnitron, Yesterday, 08:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes