250MMS bar update / TICK REPLAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250MMS bar update / TICK REPLAY

Long time user here and heavily invested in the platform. One thing that always bugged me is the chart update time when you are trading a whippy instrument like the NQ. You can see a clear difference between how fast the DOM refreshes (I wonder what that setting is BTW)...and the chart native 250mms. I stumbled across the indicator TICK REPLAY and have it on one tick chart set to 100MMS refresh. It makes a HUGE difference to the feel of the NQ. So far it is stable...I have a 10th gen i5-10600K processor. I think in future iterations of NT8, you should make the refresh rate an option to be able to change. It isn't a big deal on ZS, or ZN, or 6E for instance, but the NQ??? Yeah, it gives a much better feel IMO.

Hello 90bideven,

Thanks for your post.

Charts update visually on a 250ms interval. The SuperDOM updates visually much more often as there is not as much that is needed to render as a chart.

​We are tracking interest in an existing feature request for increasing the Chart update interval and I have added your vote to the feature request.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-1536.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply...I will watch with interest.

Comment

#90bideven don’t hold your breath or waste your time watching with interest. NT has no intention of changing this irrespective of user feedback. The fixed 250ms was unilaterally introduced with NT8, it was user-configurable to 100ms in NT7 & there was significant pushback against this change at the time which NT steadfastly rejected hence TickRefresh.
        The blunt instrument 250ms cap was implemented because when NT8 was released it was horribly slow compared against NT7 and competitor products due to inefficiencies in coding which have thankfully gradually albeit slowly been improved.
        As long as you keep the charts on which you use TickRefresh quite ‘light’ with regard to tick processing and chart rendering it likely will meet your needs and not give problems
        Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the follow up Bruce...good intel.

Comment

#90bideven
            you may also want to consider using “ChartTimeLag” indicator perhaps alongside a PC clock time sync app such as Dimension4.

The objective of the combination being you get fit-for-purpose chart refresh unlike the 250ms NT retrograde imposed constraint you and many others have realised, and syncing your pc clock with a web time-server in conjunction with chart time lag indicator tells you whether what you’re seeing in front of you is real-time or delayed (such time delays can range from minor and quickly resolved as your pc catches up with processing tick data or coping with chart rendering, to catastrophic whereby the lag becomes cumulative and your pc becomes overwhelmed and unresponsive with potential consequences re: order placement etc, slippage, esp. during high market activity times such as market open, news announcements etc).

Just as with your own observation regarding refresh rate constraint imposed by NT, without these tools you unwittingly don’t have a faithful representation of the market. Similar in some measure to using filtered tick data, but at least if you were using you would likely know about it!

You don’t want to add TickRefresh and then find (or not find, not be aware) what you’re then seeing is delayed not real time.
            Best,

Comment

hmmm...syncing clocks...that seems like it's getting a little out in the weeds for me. Has anyone posted a procedure for this anywhere you are aware (preferably on youtube)?

Comment

Simply download Dimension 4 or NetTime and run with Default settings, and/or search those and ‘videos’ - not difficult
                Best

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses