auto rollover message. always happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto rollover message. always happens

when i start my platform, there is an autorollover message. and, its always there when i start. i already clicked rollover.

Hello SteveReiza,

Thank you for the message.

Please begin by making sure you are on the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1:
    • Go to the Control Center > Help > About
    If you are not on the version specified above, please use the steps below to update your platform:
    • Login into your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
    • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
    • Select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" section
    • Once the installation is downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.

After completing the installation, you can log into the platform using the same username and password as your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard.
    • Note: Updating NinjaTrader Desktop will not affect any custom configurations, workspaces, or add-ons.
    • A visual walkthrough of the update process may be found here in our Help Center.

After updating use the steps below to rename the UI File:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > UI, right-click on this file and select Rename. Change the name to "UI Old"

Reopen the platform and do the Auto rollover one more time and then save the Workspace.
    • Then, restart NinjaTrader and test if the auto rollover notification is still appearing.

If yes, please let us know and we will provide additional instructions.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. i have my charts custom configured. and, i have a ton of indicators and atm strategies. i don't want to lose them on a re-download. how can i save the workspace so it won't be affected when i re download?

Comment

..i just saw that those won't be affected by the download of newer version. i downloaded and the problem is resolved. thanks again!

Comment

Hi! I have the same problem

I am on the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1 64-bit, and the autorollover message is always there when i start (i click rollver everytime i see the message)

Any other suggestion?

Thanks​

Comment

Hello manogueras,

If you already performed all of the steps above and the behavior continues, then you could try renmaing the Config file and then re-configuring the platform and connnection.If the Auto-rollover notification appears, click to make it roll over.

Then Save the workspace and restart the platform to verify that it is saved now.

It the behavior continues after the steps above, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate this behavior further:
            • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
            • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
            • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
            • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
            • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
            • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
              • Send the email
            ​Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Clayton; 02-23-2024, 11:22 AM.
            Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Clayton.

I followed all the steps but it didn't work, so I have sent an email to the support team.

Thank you very much for your help

Miguel

Comment

This tip fixed my problem with this issue.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Clayton View Post
                Hello SteveReiza,

Please begin by making sure you are on the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8.1.2.1:
                • Go to the Control Center > Help > About
                If you are not on the version specified above, please use the steps below to update your platform:
                • Login into your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard
                • Click "Download" in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar
                • Select "Download" in the "Most Recent Release" section
                • Once the installation is downloaded, ensure any previous version of NinjaTrader is closed before running the installation package.

After completing the installation, you can log into the platform using the same username and password as your NinjaTrader Account Dashboard.
                • Note: Updating NinjaTrader Desktop will not affect any custom configurations, workspaces, or add-ons.
                • A visual walkthrough of the update process may be found here in our Help Center.

After updating use the steps below to rename the UI File:
                • Close NinjaTrader
                • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > UI, right-click on this file and select Rename. Change the name to "UI Old"

Reopen the platform and do the Auto rollover one more time and then save the Workspace.
                • Then, restart NinjaTrader and test if the auto rollover notification is still appearing.

If yes, please let us know and we will provide additional instructions.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Bidder
                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes