Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End on session close logic not working

Hello,

I am again having issues with NTs end of session logic. After having previously changed the values so that the strategy would exit 16 mins (960 seconds) as to exit before the brokerages teams checks for intraday margins. This has been working up until today where the strategy went to exit on session close at the correct time, however never actually closed the positions.

It looks like the strategy may have become unsynced during the day, I have a couple of questions.

1) If the strategy is unsyned will this cause the exit on session close logic to not work even if the strategy was synced at the time of order entry?

2) Why would a strategy become unsyned during a trading day when it started as synced and only made a single trade? (Note it became unsynced after the trade entered)

TIA

Hello MrHump,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

If your trade(s) are with NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can contact NinjaTrader Brokerage Order Desk by emailing orders[AT]ninjatrader.com.

If the strategy becomes desynchronized from the account position at the time you need to exit on session close, it's possible that this could cause issues with the strategy being able to execute orders.

This could be caused by a couple things. Are you placing any manual trades on the same account and instrument, or do you have more that 1 strategy running on the same instrument/account?

In order to see what happened with the strategy, please email us at scriptingsupport[AT]ninjatrader.com with the following:

Please answer all of the following:
    • What Order ID was assigned to this order? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    Thanks in advance; I look forward to your response and helping to resolve this item.​
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes