placing an exit on a bollinger line. chart trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

placing an exit on a bollinger line. chart trader

i have a strategy that executes that i monitor. and, then place the exit manually. i'd like to place a stop order at the bollinger line i'm using. i remember once accidentally having it as an option - place order at indicator when i was clicking around on the chart. but, can't find it now.

Hello SteveReiza,

Thanks for your post.

To attach an order to an indicator you could follow the steps below noted in the help guide:
    1. Apply at least one indicator to your chart, in the same panel as the Data Series to which you wish to place the order (See the Working with Indicators page for more information).
    2. Apply a resting order to the chart (See the Submitting Orders page for more information).
    3. Left mouse click the order label at the left side of the order line.
    4. Hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard. You will see a ghost order line matching up with an indicator plot on the chart, with a label that reads "attach."
    5. Left mouse click anywhere within the chart while continuing to hold the Ctrl key.
    6. The Attach to Indicator Properties window will appear, in which you can select the specific indicator to which to attach the order (if more than one is applied to the chart).
    7. Change any properties as needed (see the "Attach to Indicator Properties" section in the help guide page linked below), then click the OK button.

See this help guide documentation for more information about the 'Attach to indicator' feature: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...oindicator.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. okay sweet it worked!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post Anfedport  
      Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post iceman2018