Worksspace saves charts, not Strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worksspace saves charts, not Strategies

Folks, flipping between two work spaces does not bring up the saved strategies. I've isolated this to a test case, and recorded a video at:

First, I created and save Worksspace Test1. Into it, I load Chart 6A, with strategies Base1, Base2, and Base3. Then, I save a second workspace, Test2, with Chart 6B with strategies loaded of Base4, Base5, and Base6. At this point, I have two workspaces saved.

When I then flip from saved workspace Test2, back to Test1, you'll see the proper chart appear (6A), but the strategies from workspace Test2 remain (Base4, Base5, and Base6). Loading workspace Test1 does not load the originally saved strategies of Base1, Base2, and Base3.

Your thoughts? Thanks,

Hello timmbbo,

Thanks for your post.

In the video you shared you have two workspaces open. If you look at the Workspaces menu, we can see an icon next to each workspace indicating each workspace is open. The icon displayed with the color green indicates this is the active workspace. The icon displayed with the color grey indicates the workspace is not the active workspace but it is still an open workspace.

See this help guide page for more information about the Workspaces menu: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...paces_menu.htm

When you apply the strategies to the Test1 workspace, this workspace will contain the strategies applied to that specific workspace.

When you switch to the Test2 workspace, the Test1 workspace is still open so you will see the strategies applied to that workspace in the Strategies tab of the Control Center.

Once you remove the strategies from the Strategies tab of the Control Center, this removes the strategies from the Test1 workspace. Since the strategies are removed from the Test1 workspace, the strategies no longer appear when you make the Test1 workspace the active workspace.

If you do not want the Test1 workspace strategies to appear in the Strategies tab of the Control Center when the Test2 workspace is the active workspace, you would need to save the Test1 workspace, then close the Test1 workspace so that it is no longer open, and then open the Test 2 workspace.​
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes