Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I cancel pending orders if price moves away by certain ticks and not filled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I cancel pending orders if price moves away by certain ticks and not filled

I put buy stop or sell stop limits and sometimes and price moves away in the direction I wanted fast so my orders doesn't get filled and it stays pending. For example, if the NQ market trading at 17950 and I set a sell stop limit at 17905 and if filled it will add the target of 17900 and SL 17920. When the price reaches 17905, my sell stop get submitted but sometimes the price continues down to below 17905 without coming back to touch 17905 to get filled. How can I set automatic cancel if the price moves down by certain ticks to for example to 17895 for example then the pended order get canceled.

Hello gyfin2021,

Thank you for the message.

A Stop Limit order will only fill at the Limit Price or better. If it isn't filled, it will remain active and the user would have to manually cancel the order if they didn't want it to keep trying to fill.
    • There wouldn't be any way to have the Stop Limit Order automatically cancel if it didn't get filled at your desired price.
    A Stop Market Order will fill as soon as possible once the Stop Market Price has been hit regardless of the price.

It is up to you to use these two different order types as you desire.

You may read through the guide below for more detailed information on how a Stop Limit Order is expected to work:
    Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses