Orders Entered via OIF - Looking for Strategy with SL and Exit only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders Entered via OIF - Looking for Strategy with SL and Exit only

I have been scouring the forum looking for a way to create an exit only strategy. I don't want my strategy to enter the trade. I want to manually enter the trade but I would like to create a dynamic trailing stop. Conceptually, you can think about it as an ATR trailing stop and target method. However, everything I have seen on the topic indicates that I need to enter the trade through the strategy as well.

I hope I am making sense.
    • I want to enter my trade manually (or through OIF)
    • I want a dynamic trailing stop strategy to take over on stop loss and take profit.
    • I want to write said trailing stop strategy
    Any help would be appreciated, but I will keep looking.

Hello schlabsm3129,

You can use an ATM strategy to automatically submit a stop loss and profit target order once your manually submitted entry order fills. ATM strategies can include an Auto Trail stop strategy to modify the stop loss when a certain profit is reached.

Information on ATM strategies and the Auto Trail can be found in our help guide.

Please click Desktop Help Guides-->Operations-->Advanced Trade Management (ATM) for info on ATM strategies. If you then click ATM Strategy-->Stop Strategy-->Auto Trail, you can find information specifically regarding the Auto Trail.

You could also attach the stop loss order to an indicator, so it will automatically adjusts the stop loss as the indicator value changes. If you click Operations-->Order Entry-->Attaching Orders To Indicators, you can information on this function.

I'm not sure if it is possible to create an automated NinjaScript strategy where you submit the entry order manually - I'm not programmer myself. Please create a new forum thread under NinjaTrader Desktop - Strategy Development if you like to continue that route.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AaronKoRn  
    Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes