Unhandled Exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception

Whenever i load a chart with NQ, or MNQ i get an error message dialogue box: Unhandled Exception: exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I see this has happened to lots of people, but there is no actual answer in the forum at all.

I try naked chart, no indicators and still same problem, only with NQ. I get the "loading" in the top left on the chart that stays. It doesnt matter if its a time chart, tick etc or anything. Still same problem.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	297
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	1290031
    ​​

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

So I may look into what is causing this error please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".

Thanks in advance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same thing is happening for me as well. Please post if you have a solution for this.

Mine is load MNQ chart on completely blank screen. Nothing else is active on the platform. I can load all other tickers ES MES YM MYM RTY M2K etc.... ONLY MNQ errors. Same exact error.

Comment

Another thing I notice is it still states "loading" but the chart loads some of the data... I'm only loading 3 days in the data series.

Here is screen shot to show what I see.

Views:	260
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	1290526

Comment

They have no solution. This happened to me around 3-4 months ago as well, but it was wtih FDXM/FDXS. I cant remember what i did, but think it may have been a completely new install of NT.
          The "solution" from support is to close NT, rename the db file to NinjaTrader_Old.sqlite and then start NT thereby creating a new db file.
          I have non stop connection issues, where i have to reset the db file, at what was 2 weeks but is now daily. I also have trouble getting the trade performance report to work after the 12th of the month - YES really. It will work up until the 11th but on the 12th, its just empty. I have seen another person in the forum with same issue, it was meant to be fixed July last year but it really isnt for some.
          Here is how often ive reset the db since mid December when i started tracking the ridiculousness.....

Views:	259
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1290532
          Keep in mind when you reset the db you lose all Simaccounts, the trade history plus a heap more stuff​

Comment

And just to keep things interesting, a new error message in a fresh db file

Views:	257
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1290539

Comment

Why does your db file get so large after 1 day? Mine stays around under 5mb for months now. Maybe you have a some custom code doing something bad. Have you tried NT safe mode to confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by backtester831 View Post
                Why does your db file get so large after 1 day? Mine stays around under 5mb for months now. Maybe you have a some custom code doing something bad. Have you tried NT safe mode to confirm?
                No idea, i do have an algo running (where non of the other users have any problems, let alone the problems i have).

I know the last time i had this issue with the unhandled exception, support got me to load up NT in safe mode, with a blank chart with no indicators and it did not help one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by you_suck_forums View Post

No idea, i do have an algo running (where non of the other users have any problems, let alone the problems i have).

I know the last time i had this issue with the unhandled exception, support got me to load up NT in safe mode, with a blank chart with no indicators and it did not help one bit.
                  Could be something with your computer if it's not working in safe mode either. I remember years ago I had NT installed on a surface tablet, and even though it installed and worked sometimes, it would randomly crash. Nowadays everyones using NinjaMobileTrader VPS, especially for running algos, so that could be worth a shot for you.

Comment

Could be something with your computer if it's not working in safe mode either. I remember years ago I had NT installed on a surface tablet, and even though it installed and worked sometimes, it would randomly crash. Nowadays everyones using NinjaMobileTrader VPS, especially for running algos, so that could be worth a shot for you.
                    Yup, I was using the NTmobile VPS and that is where the problem first started. I stopped a few months ago.

I’ve clean wiped NT, fresh install and haven’t put the algo back in. So I will run for a week without the algo and see if the problem comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by you_suck_forums View Post

Yup, I was using the NTmobile VPS and that is where the problem first started. I stopped a few months ago.

I’ve clean wiped NT, fresh install and haven’t put the algo back in. So I will run for a week without the algo and see if the problem comes back.
                      Weird cause I've been with them for over 2 years and never had any problems. It sounds like if you stopped on the VPS a few months ago, and you're still having all these problems on your home computer, then it wasn't the VPS but most likely the custom addons you had.
                      Last edited by backtester831; 02-10-2024, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the messages.

We have been made aware of an unwanted behavior that can happen with the Database file in conjunction with trading the NQ or MNQ that is currently being investigated further.

At this time, the current workaround would be to rename the database file:If the behavior returns, you could rename the database file again.

We understand this is not the desired behavior and are actively working to resolve this in the future.

If anyone is experiencing this behavior, it would be better to write to our support team with your Log, Trace, and Database files so we may verify if you are in fact facing this behavior or something else.
                        • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
                        • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
                        • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
                        • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
                        • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
                        • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
                        • Expand "Other files" > Check the box next to "Database file"
                          • Send the email

Thank you for reporting this behavior and your patience.
                        Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Weird cause I've been with them for over 2 years and never had any problems. It sounds like if you stopped on the VPS a few months ago, and you're still having all these problems on your home computer, then it wasn't the VPS but most likely the custom addons you had.
                          Yep, i never blamed the VPS more so NT. But my fresh install after 3 days is giving me zero issues, so looks like it could be the algo. Which is weird as their are 1000 other people using it, and none of them have a problem at all. So just a gremlin between me, my comp, nt8, and the algo from the looks of it!

Comment

This is after 3 days, with no custom codes, no algo's. Nothing.

Views:	206
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	1291282

Comment

Bump.

I have exactly the same issue. Followed NinjaTrader_Clayton 's suggestion to report the issue.
                              And then I followed the temporary solution to rename the database so that NT generates a new one on launch. It is working at the moment.

For context I am indeed using/testing algorithmic solutions some of them created on a earlier version of NT and Agile ( because there were problems with the latest release and encrypted .dll ) so the algo dev was forced to downgrade to give his clients a workable solution. I do have a lot of self made custom indicators but thankfully it seems they are not the reason why the issue is occuring.

Good luck to everyone and NT team in fixing this issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by DJ888, Yesterday, 10:57 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes