line touching candle. first part, middle, or last part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

line touching candle. first part, middle, or last part

i'm developing a strategy and i'm not getting entries. i think its because the line that's crossing through the candle isn't being read correctly. i'm at +4 ticks as a maximum on the line and candle touch. i'm alright at the beginning of the candle but not midway through and not at the end. what or where is the calculation done at on the candle. the example is a keltner line.
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza,

We would need to know what condition you made to be of assistance with this type of question. Also what Calculate setting you are using for the strategy?

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply.

i have it where high is greater or equal to -8 bollinger line. and, less than or equal to +8 bollinger line. in an entry method. so its a question as to whether or not the high is less than or equal to the first part of the line or the last part. during the day there is a lot of volume on nq so its like a 4 or 5 tick difference in that pixel space. i may need to adjust it to make it more + or - ticks if its the last part of the line - which is lower making the high greater than the +8.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

You would need to use a Print to see what value that addition or subtraction gives you in contrast to the bollinger line. That would let you know why the condition is not becoming true. You may need to increase or decrease the offset you are doing depending on the result you are trying to achieve.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for the reply. alright i'll check into doing the prints and go from there.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post emuns