trade performance. where can i choose account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trade performance. where can i choose account

i'm looking at trade performance. i am trading multiple accounts with trade copier. i don't see where i can select what account to see the trade performance of. any suggestions?

Hello SteveReiza,

There isn't a trade performance collection for account orders.

The Account.Orders will have all orders for the day and some have suggested creating a TradePerformance object and inserting these.
    I would like to augment the functionality of the chart trader buttons to include some database logging and a check of my prior trades before accepting the click event e.g. checking my recent trade history before actually submitting the order via the "Buy Market" or "Sell Market" buttons. Is there a way to
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

so your saying that in "trade performance" its all the accounts. even the copied ones? i can't just see the trades from one account?

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

The Account.Orders would be for a specific account. If you populated a custom TradePerformance object with orders, it would be from that account.

Comment

i think it would be smart to just have a dropdown selection menu of the account options in the "trade performance". i think it was like that in ninjatrader 7. its dumb because its showing all the performance for all the accounts. its probably pretty common that there are test accounts on new strategies. who wouldn't want to see separate results for each account? can i put it in as a request for new features - with a vote. i don't get why that wouldn't be simple for users.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

The TradePerformance window has filters where you can filter by account.

However, you are posting in the General Development section of the forums, so you are trying to do this in code correct?

Comment

i posted it here because i'm making strategies that have results. those results are in trade performance. its general development i thought.

no, sorry for the miscommunication. i am simply wanting to see the "trade performance" from the New dropdown menu from a specific account. i don't see where i can filter by account.

Comment

Hello SteveReiza,

Developing addons, indicators, and strategies means you are programming the code of these scripts in C#.

General Development would be programming addons, bar types, etc. Indicator Development would be developing indicators. Strategy Development would be developing strategies.

Platform Technical Support is the section for inquiries about using the platform.

Comment

thanks for the reply. okay cool cool. thanks for the clarification. i see how this is platform technical support being that you don't need to code to use the "trade performance" feature. i'm knee deep in the strategy builder trying to figure out a couple things so posted in development.

Comment

since you mentioned that there is a filter. i went back and looked. i found it. its that symbol next to summary.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes