Price on charts, even when using limit orders/TP/SL, differs from accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price on charts, even when using limit orders/TP/SL, differs from accounts

if an order closes with 140 profit, every prop firm account i've traded on it, shows the trade at only a max of 80 profit. it's like the data is coming in slow or something on the charts? this happens even when not running any indicators or strategy, also.

Hello TraderCentric,

Can you please send me an email from within NinjaTrader Desktop as per the instructions below so I can investigate the issue.
    • Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support
    • Set the To field to Platform Technical Support
    • Enter "Att Jason, 04222007" in the "Subject" field
    • Under 'Please enter any information that you feel will help us resolve your inquiry', please include at what time and price the last trade occurred that experienced the issue as well as what instrument you traded.
    • Make sure 'Log and trace files' is enabled
    • Click Send
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sent. btw....your forum logs me out each time i try attaching a photo here. it says i timed out.....i tried 5 times

Comment

there we go. here's what it looks like

Comment

did you plan on responding? It's to the point where if i move a stop loss to break even, it still makes me lose 60-100 dollars. what the hell, dude

Comment

Scammy af

Wtf, this is bull, Ninjatrader. Christ. No wonder I been blowing accounts. When I’m in the red during trades, you amplify the losses, if I’m in the green, you reduce them. Explain that. Christ. This happens EVERY trade, EVERY prop firm. How much more do you want to screw me? You’re already beating against my prostrate, you just wanna split me in two? Unreal. Shady af

Comment

Hello TraderCentric,

I sent you the reply below 24 hours ago in response to the email you sent me.

Unrealized PnL is calculated by the position price and the last traded price. I suspect market data is received delayed for you. Based on the delayed data, unrealized PnL shows a certain value. When you close the position, the order is executed at market data that is not delayed which causes the difference in PnL.

You can check if market data is received delayed using the T&S window as per the instructions below.

Can you please open a T&S window at Control Center-->New. Right click in the T&S window and select Instruments-->NQ MAR24. Are the timestamps of incoming data in synch with your PC clock or do you get delayed data?

If you experience delayed data, please troubleshoot the issue with the steps below. Check after each step if data received in the T&S window is in synch with your PC clock.
              • Restart NinjaTrader
              • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
              • Restart your PC
              • Clear your DNS:
              - Open the Command Prompt: https://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-...in-windows-10/
              - In the command prompt, run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
              • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
              • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
              • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
              - Right-click on your Start button
              - Select 'Device Manager'
              - Expand 'Network Adapters'
              - Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
              - Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
              - Click 'OK' to save the changes
              - Do this for all Network Adapters
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 02-01-2024, 01:21 AM.

Comment

none of that fixzed a darn thing.

Comment

If you check the time stamps of market data in the T&S window, are they in synch with your PC clock or are the time stamps behind?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Balage0922  
                  Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes