Changing candles to start at half minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing candles to start at half minutes

Hello, I’m wondering how I can set up my ninja chart to start candles on the half minute mark? For example on a 1 minute chart the candle would start at 9:30:30 and finish at 9:31:30. Thank you

Hello Douglee,

Thank you for your post.

I have moved this thread to the Platform Technical Support topic rather than the development section of the forum because this seems to be a general technical support inquiry and not specific to NinjaScript development.

It is not supported to change 1-minute candles start on the half-minute mark. This is because candles are timestamped with the closing time of the candle, as mentioned in the "Understanding the variables involved in building chart bars" section on the following page:

Additionally, most real-time timestamps are native to the data provider who is sending through the data, so there would be no way to change the timestamp. We have a list of the data by provider here, including a column for "Real-Time Timestamp":

Theoretically, you could use a provider who does not natively stamp data and instead have it stamped locally on your PC. To have it timestamped on 30-second marks, you would need to set your local PC clock to be 30 seconds behind or ahead so it hits 30 seconds when the minute data is sent through by the provider. This would not be ideal.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cre8able  
    Started by Harry, 05-02-2018, 01:54 PM
    10 responses
    0 likes