You Playback is Terrible, Actually its Downright Crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Playback is Terrible, Actually its Downright Crap

Your playback function really is terrible, almost like an after thought.

For example:
    • Why would you not make it load the selected contract month & instrument when loading a specific date & instrument when you start playback?
    • Why does it load some random dates which were not even selected when starting playback?
    • Why does the playback function not even know which data is available, when I look to select the date which I know I have data for, it is not available?
    • Why does it select days which there is not even data available for?

It really stop trader from developing because it is so bad and I know for a fact it forces traders to use other platforms for back testing, but hey I do not expect that this will make any difference as you just do what you want any way.

Actually is not terrible, its downright ****...!

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The window that appears upon connecting is intended to streamline the process of downloading market replay data and is not necessarily selecting which instrument you'll be replaying in Playback. When connecting to Playback, it would be possible to connect without selecting an instrument or downloading data by clicking "Continue" without downloading any data.

The dates reflected in the controller should only be dates in which data is available for an instrument in your saved Playback data. Also, I would always expect Playback data that's been downloaded to display as Available when using Playback. Could you please confirm the data was downloaded as Playback data and not a different Historical data type such as Tick, Minute, or Day data?

At any rate, I'll be happy to submit your feedback on the Playback feature. We appreciate you taking the time to collect these thoughts and posting for us!
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The initial window that appears gives you the option to check which data you have downloaded, so you select an instrument and day. Playback does not load that day or instrument? Why?

When playback does load, the controller does not show the available data or even load the day or instrument selected. Available data and dates do not show in the controller.

I am using Market replay data, not historical data.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

The window that appears when connecting to playback would only be for the purpose of reviewing the data already downloaded and downloading new Playback data. After clicking "Continue," the Playback controller will appear that would allow one to select their desired date range.

You can right-click inside of the Playback controller and select 'Show Available Data" to view the available data again.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post lightsun47  
        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
        1 response
        0 likes