ATM and Order Quantity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM and Order Quantity

If I create an ATM that uses a two level take profit system and is designed for 5 contracts of ES, what happens when I place an order for 2 contracts or 10 contracts using that ATM?

For example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	45
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1288369

If a decide to enter this trade with 2, 4, 10, or 35 contracts how will it assign the contracts to each take profit?

Also, if I create an ATM designed for 10 contracts and place take profits at 10 different levels (imagine like TP at 10, 12, 14, 16 ticks and going up by 2 until all 10 are sold) and then I place the order with only 5 contracts, how will that be assigned in the order?

Thanks!​

Hello bisonfund,

Order quantities are saved as part of the ATM strategies, and the platform doesn't have a way to "divide up" other quantities if a different order quantity is used when submitting the entry order. This means that if a different quantity is used, some unexpected behavior could occur. In my testing on my end, I created a similar strategy and tested with an alternate order quantity. In examples in which I entered with a higher Entry order quantity than what the ATM was saved with, the "extra" contracts were simply added to Target 1. In examples in which I entered with a lower quantity, the "missing" contracts were subtracted from Target 2.

In all cases, I would recommend saving separate templates for different order quantities.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Eduardo  
    Started by futtrader, 04-21-2024, 01:50 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes