Holiday in Trading Templates only go back to 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday in Trading Templates only go back to 2015

Can you tell me why holidays in trading templates only go back to 2015? And if you have any suggestions for workarounds?

If one wants to exit at the end of the week, for example, you'd need to use the holidays to make sure that in weeks where the last day(s) of the week are holidays or early closes that you exit before the actual last trading bar of the week so you don't carry through the weekend.

But only having holidays back to 2015 means that you can't do a valid backtest prior to 2015 if you're depending on the holidays to be correct.

I'd like have to have at least 10 years for my backtests.

Thanks.

Hello BarzTrading,

I've moved this post from the Strategy Development section of the forums to the Platform Technical section of the forums as this is not an inquiry about programming or developing strategies.

I'll submit a feature request for the development team to consider adding these dates to the trading hours templates.
    Once I have a tracking ID for the request, I will post in this thread for future reference.

In the meantime, you can add these holiday dates to a trading hours template in the Trading Hours window.
    Operations > Trading Hours > Using the Trading Hours window​

I recommend making a copy of the template first so that any changes you make are not overwritten when updating or repairing.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. Thanks.

Comment

Hello BarzTrading,

This request is being tracked with ID # SFT-6201.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Bidder
        by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM