Tick Chart Alerts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Chart Alerts?

Is it possible to do complex alerts in Ninja? I would like to create an alert that tells me when some MA's cross ON a TICK chart, but only if the price opens above the line I want to cross up and over. For example, I want to know if the 5MA has crossed above the 8MA, or 5MA is greater than the 8MA, but require price to also open above the 5MA before being alerted because I'm not interested in just the cross.

The reverse for down crosses. Maybe even use a price close alert instead of open. I have messed around with the alerts but have not figured out if this can be done.

BTW, it would be nice to get text alerts to the phone instead of or in addition to email. Phone texts are faster.

Hello Option Whisperer,

Thank you very much for your post.

This would be indeed possible. To create this alert, please create the individual conditions (having one indicator above the other, and having one indicator above the marked price, e.g. via a horizontal line).

By setting both conditions and changing the alert's setting to "If All", it would then only trigger if all conditions are positive:

Click image for larger version

Name:	alert.png
Views:	58
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	1287108

Regarding your second question; You can indeed use NinjaTrader's Share Service to send a short message or MMS to any phone provider that supports the email-to-sms service.

After successfully creating the email share service, please reopen the share service window (Tools > Options > Share Service), you may then add a mobile phone that receives the alert.

Of course, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions in this regard or encounter any issues!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes