New bars not forming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bars not forming

Hi there I am checking out ninjatrader as a new platform. I am using the newest version of the desktop version. I have an account but no data subscription is the live data is delayed. I am logged into my account and connected to "live" under "connections". I have tried both minute chats and tick charts and after the data loads the bars a current bar will form but that bar will never close and start the next bar. The only way to see the bars that have failed to form is to disconnect and reconnect and force ninjatrader to reload the data. I am wondering if this is just an issue with delayed data or if it is a general ninjatrader issue.

Hello uspilotzzz,

Thank you for posting.

New bars should build when the time remaining for the current bar has ended. Please reset your instruments and Trading hour templates with the steps below.
    • First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on "disconnect" that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    • Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    • In the Database Management window, under the "Update instruments" section, ensure that "General properties", "Futures expiries" and "Symbol mappings" options are checked and then click Update
    • In the Database Management window, under the "Update trading hour templates" section, ensure that "Predefined trading hours templates" is checked and then click Update
    Next please use the steps provided below to sync the PC clock:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Right click on your time->Adjust Date/Time
    • Click "Sync Now"
    • Once successfully synched open NinjaTrader
    ​Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM
    45 responses
    3 likes
    Last Post johntraderuser2  
    Started by TAJTrades, Today, 09:46 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes