Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reverting to NT version 8.0.26.1 from 8.1.1.7 - "Unable to connect to DB" error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverting to NT version 8.0.26.1 from 8.1.1.7 - "Unable to connect to DB" error.

Was running version 8.1.1.7 and attempted to go back to 8.0.26.1. I uninstalled 8.1.1.7 (in Program Files), rebooted, installed 8.0.26.1 (in Program Files (x86)), did the ca.pem file replace in bin and bin64 folders for CQG users per kevinenergy described here, and started NT. When the NT startup screen process list got to "Initializing Database", the Unable to connect to DB error screen popped up. After clicking OK, the startup process ended and the NT startup screen closed.

Error message: "Unable to connect to DB: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: Index"

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	85
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1287077

So obviously I missed a step somewhere. What is the step-by-step procedure to reinstall and run 8.0.26.1 after running 8.1.1.7? Thanks!

Hello Lancer,

Thank you for the message.

The 8.1 Platform uses a .sqlite file for the database while the older platforms used a .sdf file.
    • You could try Closing NinjaTrader > Going to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 8 > db Folder
    • Pull the "NinjaTrader.sqlite" file out or rename it to NinjaTrader Old.sqlite > Then reopen NinjaTrader and test if the error continues.

Other than that, since the 8.0.26.1 platform is outdated and unsupported, we are unable to provide any further assistance or information on that platform.
    • The currently supported versions of NinjaTrader are 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.2.1.
    • If you are using another version, it is no longer supported so we wouldn't be able to provide any further assistance.
    • If you upgraded to 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.2.1 and were getting the same message, we could provide further assistance.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Already did that, renaming the sqlite file, with same results.

Comment

Hello Lancer,

Thank you for the update.

If the same behavior continues when using the 8.0.28.0 or 8.1.2.1 platform, then please let us know.
        • If you update to a supported version and the behavior continues, please use the following steps to send your log and trace files to the support team directly from your NinjaTrader Platform so we may investigate the behavior further:
          • Within NinjaTrader, go to the Control Center > Help > Email Support...
          • To: Set this to "Platform Technical Support"
          • Subject: Copy and paste the Forum URL
          • Attach: Attach a file, picture, or compressed file to share multiple files/pictures
          • Body: Include any other information you would like to share on the situation
          • Make sure 'Log and Trace files' is checked to include the requested files
            • Send the email

Otherwise, we are unable to provide any further help or assistance for an outdated and unsupported version of the platform.

Comment

Clayton, I am very well aware of what are the current NT versions. If not for the trouble with them, I'd be running one of them and not be forced to revert to 8.0.26.1, a version that does not have the random freezing charts and terminally slow compiling issues that the newer sqlite versions have. So, until NT development fixes the problems with the newer versions that make them unreliable and unusable, maybe it would be good customer service to provide a responsive answer instead of taking the "unable to provide any further help or assistance for an outdated and unsupported version of the platform" position.

Comment

Clayton, what issues were you having with 8.1.1.7?
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Hello eDanny,

Thank you for the message.

In the future, if you have a new or unrelated question, please ask it in a new forum post.

You are welcome to see what changes or fixes were made between versions by looking through the Release Notes.

Comment

This is a very related question.
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I had similar problem: newer Ninja was too slow when running 3rd party indicators. I switched down to 8.0.26.1 and was getting the very same message, as well.
                  What helped me was:
                  a) deleting 2 folders: C:\Users\user\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\, C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8,
                  b) removing every reference from the windows registry with regedit.
                  and c) deleting NinjaTrader from C:\Windows\Prefetch (I did a global search on my C drive for "Ninja" and found 3 reference that looked like "ninjatrader.exe-xxxx.pf")
                  d) restarted my PC and reinstalled Ninja.
                  Hope it helps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                  7 responses