Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simultaneous Live Trading and Backtesting with Uploaded Historical Data

Hello NinjaTrader Community,

I have a scenario where I conduct live trading through my connected Interactive Brokers account. I also have historical data that I've uploaded to NinjaTrader for backtesting purposes. My question is: Can I continue to run backtests with my uploaded historical data while being connected for live trading, whether it's through Interactive Brokers or any live account? I want to ensure that my backtesting uses the uploaded file and not the live feed data.

Any guidance on setting up NinjaTrader to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello Hezi100,

Thank you for your post.

You may be able to get achieve the desired result by unchecking 'Get data from server' from Tools > Options > Market Data. This disables NinjaTrader from retrieving historical data from your provider's servers and only uses the locally stored stored data to populate historical data. However, this will affect the platform universally. If there are any gaps in the historical data that you have saved and the real-time data on your chart, you will not be able to populate that data.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Hezi100 View Post
      Hello NinjaTrader Community,

I have a scenario where I conduct live trading through my connected Interactive Brokers account. I also have historical data that I've uploaded to NinjaTrader for backtesting purposes. My question is: Can I continue to run backtests with my uploaded historical data while being connected for live trading, whether it's through Interactive Brokers or any live account? I want to ensure that my backtesting uses the uploaded file and not the live feed data.

Any guidance on setting up NinjaTrader to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
      A lot of us use NinjaMobileTrader VPS to run a 2nd instance of NinjaTrader in order to live trade and backtest simultaneously

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post emuns
      by emuns

Started by jxs_xrj, 01-12-2020, 09:49 AM
      6 responses
      1 like