Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled Exception Error Message Importing Indicators

I am getting the following error message when I try to import indicators:

Unhandled exception:The network name cannot be found.(Exception from HRESULT:0x80070043

I am running Ninjatrader on Parallels. I had imported an indicator from my Mac desktop, and then started getting the above error. I found the fix where you do the "Share Mac user folders with Windows", but that caused me to get an error where Ninjatrader could not connect to the database. Ninjatrader would not load up until I unchecked the "Share" option. Now, I am getting the Unhandled exception error, and do not know how to fix it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello JBarlow,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

Unfortunately, whenever Parallels has the share option enabled, NinjaTrader will not be able to access its database, which causes a variety of issues.

Please disable both 'Share" options within Parallels settings to resolve this.

In most cases, Parallels does not retain the Documents folder when this is disabled, this would require a reinstallation of NinjaTrader.

If you still have access to the original folder, my suggestion would be to save the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 on an external drive before disabling this setting and reinstalling NinjaTrader.

You should then be able to restore the original files.

Please don't hesitate to let us know, if you encounter any issues or would like further assistance!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That was lightning fast!

I appreciate the information. I did not realize there was two share settings in Parallels that I needed to turn off. I found the second one, turned if off, and reinstalled Ninjatrader. It works fine now.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pibrew, Today, 06:37 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post pibrew
      by pibrew

Started by rbeckmann05, Yesterday, 06:48 PM
      1 response