NT keeps freezing randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT keeps freezing randomly

It's been doing this for a couple days. Usually it's been when I try to open the Strategies window, but it did it again just now when I simply tried to right-click a trendline. Any support staff here that could look at my log files/ whatever and see what the issue is?

Hello EnveousColnago,

Thanks for your notes.

You could write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with a brief description of your question and attach your Log and Trace files so a Support technician may look into this matter further.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    ​Note that lagging or freezing symptoms are indicative of your CPU getting overloaded. The impact NinjaTrader has on your PC will be dependent on how much NinjaTrader has to calculate. For example, having several charts with multiple complex indicators running can cause NinjaTrader to stutter and can cause short freezes. We typically advise the following as tips to improve platform performance.
    1. Configure charts so their Days To Load is an absolute minimum, just enough for your indicators to function properly
    2. Configure indicators to use Calculate.OnBarClose when possible as opposed to Calculate.OnPriceChange and Calculate.OnEachTick.
    3. Use less charts and less complex indicators
    4. Avoid using Tick Replay.

Various performance tips can be found here — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ance_tips2.htm
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Bidder
    by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
    4 responses