Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The correct way to add a OCO order?

Hi could any one please help with this.

What is the correct way for me to add to a existing OCO order.

For example

I set a OCO order for 1 limit order and 1 stop loss these two items are then interlinked by clicking OCO on in the right hand column prior to actioning.

I am then filled by the limit order and I now have a active order and a stop for 1 sell limit order.

I then wish to buy a futher contract by a new limit order but when filled I wish for the previously submitted stop to take into account my new limit order when filled.

If the stop is then hit it sells both limit orders that are active.

Thank you very much for any help.

Bread.

Hello Mr Bread​,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please see this publicly available video on OCO orders from our YouTube channel:

Learn how to use One-Cancels-Other or “OCO” orders. See how Advanced Trade Management incorporates OCO orders automatically and learn how to pair OCO orders ...

This explains how to placing a breakout strategy with OCO orders that have ATM Strategies applied. Essentially the steps would be as follows:
    • right-click within your order entry window and enable OCO
    • select the desired ATM Strategy and place your first order
    • select the desired ATM Strategy and place your second order
    • right-click and disable OCO

One thing that I would like to point out (it is a common mistake/misunderstanding) has to do with the "Active ATM Strategy" - it can get a little tricky. Once you place your first order with an ATM Strategy selected, depending on your ATM Strategy Selection Mode, the dropdown list for ATM Strategies may automatically select the active strategy with a lightning bolt symbol to the left of the name.

If you try to place a second order, you will receive an error message. It is important that you select a template or custom strategy from the dropdown menu again so that it shows the name with the little 'i' for information to the left rather than the lightning bolt.

Basically, while the "Lightning bolt" is on, any buys or sells would be applied to the current position and ATM. You would want to select a "new" ATM (i) in order for it to be separate from the existing.

For a more in depth explanation and demonstration on this, please see this video by a colleague of ours:

World's leading screen capture + recorder from Snagit + Screencast by Techsmith. Capture, edit and share professional-quality content seamlessly.

*Here is the help guide section that goes over the different ATM Strategy Selection Modes:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ction_mode.htm

For more information, I have included a link to the ATM 201 webinar with a timestamp for the section that goes over active ATM strategies:

Let us know if we may be of further assistance.​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Anfedport  
    Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
    0 responses