Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to IB data

Hello

Has there been a recent update on Ninjatrader or IB that require the latest version to work?? I know this has been the case in the past.

For the last two weeks I cannot receive IB data, the platform is able to connect to IB gateway fine but no charts, market analyzer or data will load.

I started to use a new volume profile indicator I bought from the Ninja Ecosystem, I dont know if this new indicator is causing the issue or there has been update requirement to login to IB data again.

Let me know please, thanks.

Hello SDaCosta30​,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have been informed that IB released a new version of TWS.

However, for the bridge to NinjaTrader 8 to work, you need to have the supported version of TWS, not the latest version.

First, please make sure you are on a supported version of NT8 for this connection (greater than or equal to 8.0.27.1)

When using an Interactive Brokers account to connect to NinjaTrader, you must use the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway that is specified within the NinjaTrader — Interactive Brokers Connection Guide seen below:

Once you have the version of Trader Workstation or IB Gateway as specified above, connect to your account within TWS or IB Gateway.
    • After you are connected in TWS or IB Gateway, you are then able to connect to the account within NinjaTrader.

From here connect to your account and test if the charts are updating.

If the charts are still not updating, please use the steps below to reset the instruments:
    1. Disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    2. Reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    4. Restart NinjaTrader

Reopen NinjaTrader and connect to your account/data and test if the charts are updating.
    • If they are still not updating, please let us know so we may look into the behavior further.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Have a wonderful day!​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure I meet those requirements though my IB connection was working until Christmas time, have there been a change since then? The thread you posted was updated Sept 2023.

Im using Ninjatrader version 8.0.28.0
      IB Gateway version 10.24

This should be fine right??? Maybe its the indicator I bought from the ecosystem that's causing the problem??

Thanks

Comment

Hello SDaCosta30​,

Thank you for your message.

Per the connection guide, the correct IB version should be:
        However, if you suspect your issues are being casued by a 3rd party add-on, you would want to test your Charts in Safe Mode.

Please try testing your platform in Safe Mode to verify if this behavior is being caused by a 3rd-party add-on using the steps below.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
        • Loading workspaces and connecting on start-up.
        • Loading custom assemblies (i.e. 3rd-party add-ons and NinjaScripts)
        • Getting instrument updates from the server

To enable Safe Mode, you can also use the following steps:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader.
        • Click on the Windows Start Button
        • Search for and Launch NinjaTrader (Safe Mode)

Once you have opened the platform in Safe Mode:
        • Reconnect to your Data Provider
        • Please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

*Does the behavior persist on this blank Workspace in Safe Mode?
        • If not, please try opening your previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces drop-down. It may already show as being open. Hit 'close' and do not save and then re-open it again for your windows to re-appear. You will notice that no 3rd-party add-ons are running in Safe Mode.

*Does the behavior return on your regular Workspace in Safe Mode?
        • If not, restart NinjaTrader, and test for the behavior on your Workspace normally once more with your 3rd-party add-ons available. If this reintroduces issues, I suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 add-on at a time.
        • Please keep track of what add-ons you add back in to identify the cause of the behavior if it returns.

If it does not return, it indicates the error was isolated only to your other Workspace. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a working version of it if the issue returns. You will want to keep this backup file on an external hard drive or uploaded to a cloud drive such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.

To create a backup, go to the Control Center > Tools > Export > Backup File. Additional information about backups may be read in our Help Guide linked below.

Please let me know the results of this test. I look forward to your response.​

Comment

Hello

I have completely removed the NinjaScript Assembly that I though was causing the problems, since my IB data only started to not work since I added the add-on, but the problem still persist and my IB data is still not working.

When I open my workspace in safe mode my charts still wont load with IB data either, I dont understand what going on so frustrating.

Has there specifically been any changes or updates with IB or Nnjatrader within the last month because that's when all this has started?

Let me know please, thanks for the help.

Comment

Hello SDaCosta30 ,

Thank you for your note.

The most recent thing that has happened, is that IB released a new version of TWS and Gateway.

We saw alot of users automatically update to the latest version these, however, the supported version for the bridge to work between IB and NT8 continues to be version(s)That would most likley be the cause, however, if you would like us to review your platform further;

Please send in your log and trace files so that we may look into what may be occurring.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Make sure to categorize your request at the top.

Ensure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

If you could also provide a screenshot of what you are seeing, that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, we look forward to helping resolve this issue for you.​

Comment

Hello thanks for the reply.

Yes I am using the supported version of gateway you posted and its still not working.... I have send the logs and screenshot to support...

When exactly did the update occur?? because everything was working just fine for me until about 3 weeks ago...

Thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post AaronKoRn  
              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes