Solving "Playback Does Not Activate" - For real this time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solving "Playback Does Not Activate" - For real this time

Folks, I need to get to the bottom of Playback failing to activate. First, this is a continuation of this prior problem report:

Playback Connection Does Not Fully Start - NinjaTrader Support Forum

Overall, getting the Playback connection to activate and being able to actually replay is very inconsistent, and fails more often than works. When I initiate a playback connection, the Playback dialogue does appear, but never activates. The dialogue remains grayed out, no matter how long I wait.

Very frustrating, I've found no consistency. Sometimes the playback will activate without further assistance. Sometimes if I initiate a Kinetic - End of Day connection first, then the Playback will be more likely to activate. Sometimes if I download a day or two worth of recent Replay data, that seems to help. Sometimes if I rename the /replay director to /replay_back, and restart NT, that can help. Sometimes I will move all of the data out of the /replay directory, activate Playback, and then I can copy the data back into the /replay director. However, none of these methods work consistently.

As one example, from the prior response to my problem report, I did as instructed: Removed the /replay directory, Downloaded a few days worth of data, and it worked. Then, on a second machine, I did that exact same sequence of steps, and it failed (see the screen shots). You can see I waited for 10 hours for Playback to activate, and it never took off.

Given that this problem is prominent, and there is no consistent cure, what do you recommend? The Playback fails to function more than it works.

Thanks,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by timmbbo; 01-07-2024, 12:30 PM.

Hello timmbbo,

Thank you very much for your post.

Could you send us the log & trace files of the platform that failed to run the playback? Taking a closer look at these files might give us a further indication of what is causing this.

You can send us these files by going to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support

Please select "Platform Technical Support" as the recipient and enter a brief note in the message referring to this post.

Thank you in advance, I look forward to your email!​
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jonker, Today, 01:19 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jonker
    by Jonker