Suddenly unable to save temaplates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly unable to save temaplates

For no known reason, when i save my templates in strategy analyzer, they all save as 1KB:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <StrategyTemplate>
    <StrategyType>NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Strategies .S calpClass_Subclass_MCL</StrategyType>
    <Strategy />
    </StrategyTemplate>

Why would this happen?​

Hello Skifree,

I don't experience this issue when I test it on my end. I assume the strategy settings are not saved in the template (because of the 1 KB size).

Do you experience the issue if you test saving a template for the 'Sample MA crossover' strategy? If not, could it be the issue happens only for a certain strategy?

When was the last time you were able to save a template successful? Were there any changes in NinjaTrader Desktop after this?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did you check for errors in your trace file?

Comment

Fortunately I seem to have found it. It seems I can't declare this value? commenting it out solves the problem. Why doesn't saving a template just save the configurable parameters?

private DateTime lastCalculationTime = Core.Globals.MinDate;

Comment

Hello Skifree,

Thanks for your notes.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.?.?.?)​

I have created a copy of the SampleMACrossover strategy and added that line of code to the script.

When testing creating a strategy template in the Strategy Analyzer, I see the template is successfully saved and loads with the saved values.

Please provide us with a simple reduced test script that demonstrates the behavior you are reporting and the exact steps you are taking to reproduce the behavior using the test script.

Note that a reduced copy refers to a copy of the script that contains the minimum amount of code needed to reproduce the issue. All other code is commented out or removed.

To create a copy of your script to modify, open a New > NinjaScript Editor, select your script, right-click in the Editor, select 'Save as', name the script, and click OK.​

To export the script, go to Tools > Export > NinjaScript AddOn.

I look forward to assisting further.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by llanqui, Today, 10:32 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post llanqui
          by llanqui

Started by StockTrader88, 03-06-2021, 08:58 AM