Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying gaps in multi series chart bars

Hi,

Is there any way to get rid of the annoying gaps you get between bars when you add an additional data series to the chart and neither of the bars are time based?

The example below where a renko and range series are used. The range series is not set to autoscale and has no bar type (the bars are hidden and not shown). (off topic, but if I were to add the series to an indicator, instead of the chart, this would not happen)

I just want to get rid of the gaps in the primary data series. I've noticed this for a number of years on many charts. I figured I would finally ask how to fix it! Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	69
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1284627

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your question and for using NinjaTrader!

There would not be a way to fully eliminate the gaps that you are seeing. This is because both panels are sharing the same time axis. The gaps that you are seeing are where one data series had a bar that closed where the other did not. This is especially prominent when you have a time-based data series and non-time-based data series sharing the same axis. With that said, you may be able to minimize the appearance of the gaps by experimenting with creating the chart in a different order (perhaps adding the Range chart first, then adding the time-based chart so that the chart uses a time-axis that is formatted for the Range chart) or by adjusting the 'Equidistant bar spacing' property in the Chart Properties window.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Understood. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Anfedport  
      Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM