Export NinjaScript Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export NinjaScript Freezing

Never seen this one & find no posts on it...

Click into the Export Ninjascript Feature, box is taking longer than usual to pop up... OK fine. Then click add, choose a strategy, click export, name it box comes up, all normal to this point (Protect unchecked or checked, both tried)...

Upon clicking Export, crickets... The system add ons box never comes up, as though it is stuck with that window maybe hidden somewhere. Clear all screens, nothing. Mouse is spinning indefinitely and only solution is to kill the program & reopen.

Following actions have been taken, and still to no avail...

1. System definitely compilable & log reports no errors.
    2. Reinstall Ninja - no help.
    3. Clear Cache - no help.
    4. Run Registry cleaner, restart computer - no help.

Process Monitor files created but too big to load here. .

Hello johnMoss,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Currently the Development Team is investigating an issue in 8.1.2.1 with long compile times. I will add your case as an impact.

When you do an export, the platform does a compile of all the scripts. Likely the platform is taking longer than usual to compile which makes it seem like it is freezing. The compile will eventually finish.

In the meantime, you can downgrade to version 8.1.1.7 until this is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using the latest release, 8.1.2.1. I did let it sit for as long as 20 minutes & spin, so not sure of the eventuality... Downgrading calls for an uninstall of existing which smacks of a 'fine kettle o' fish... I'll wait for the gang to figure out what's up & live without export for a tad...

Thanx
      JM

Comment

FTR I am getting the same response you mentioned... I let it sit & had left, came back and it had compiled so yes, eventually it cooperates ...
        JM

Comment

Can confirm I am getting same behavior. When I check system resources during the export, Ninja is consuming every last bit of available RAM on my system. I have 32GB RAM, and Ninja is sitting at 24,000MB as wait for this export to finish... it's been 20+ minutes as of this message.

Comment

Hey Tony after I got with them here I did discover they are aware of the problem. They're working on it... Deal is for now you just gotta let it sit & spin.... It will finally compile. Mine is taking about 8 - 15 minutes to finish... Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Gaby View Post
              Hello johnMoss,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Currently the Development Team is investigating an issue in 8.1.2.1 with long compile times. I will add your case as an impact.

When you do an export, the platform does a compile of all the scripts. Likely the platform is taking longer than usual to compile which makes it seem like it is freezing. The compile will eventually finish.

In the meantime, you can downgrade to version 8.1.1.7 until this is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
              Hello, I am experiencing the same problem. I did downgrade to 8.1.1.7 and still experience long export times. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Hello,

Currently the Development Team is investigating an issue i with long compile times. We are working to get a fix out as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patiance.
                Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Gaby,

I have a post-note on this. For some period of time I had a compilable on-bar-update error existing in some non-used 3rd party indicator that would show up in the log yet not interfere with system compilation & hence running other scripts. This weekend I did a full system cleanout & got rid of it plus other things. That error is now gone from the log and now lo & behold export works immediately as it should.

This post is for others who may run into this:

If you run into this problem, check the log for non-critical errors. If found, hunt down the offending 3rd party indicator, very likely a .dll file, & get rid of it.

JM

Comment

Hello Community,

This behavior has been corrected with 8.1.3.0.

See item 10898 in the release notes.

To update NinjaTrader
                    • Shutdown all programs including NinjaTrader *important
                    • Download NinjaTrader from the link below
                      Click here to download NinjaTrader
                    • Double click the downloaded file to execute it
                    • Follow the on screen instructions
                    • Restart NinjaTrader
                    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse