Entries/Exits marks on the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entries/Exits marks on the chart

Hi. Is there any way to have bigger triangle marks for entries/exits on the chart? I can hardly see them on a laptop screen...

Hello ikons8,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum community!

There is an indicator that allows you to customize the size of chart markers. This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:The indicator works for manually drawn Chart Marker objects, or if you would like to have the markers placed on the charts for order entries and exits you could access the ChartMarkersPlus NinjaScript methods in a custom script to do so.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
    Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank Emily for the response and welcome. I meant the default triangles the app puts on my entries/exits automatically on the chat, not the ones I can draw myself. They are very small on UHD laptop screen, hardly visible, and there is no way to increase the size, am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ikons8 View Post
        Thank Emily for the response and welcome. I meant the default triangles the app puts on my entries/exits automatically on the chat, not the ones I can draw myself. They are very small on UHD laptop screen, hardly visible, and there is no way to increase the size, am I wrong?
        Thank you for clarifying.

As this is a general technical inquiry that does not have to do with NinjaScript development, I have moved it from the Indicator Development topic to the NinjaTrader Desktop > Platform Technical Support topic.​ In the future, please remember to post your technical support questions here and use Indicator Development for inquiries related to custom NinjaScript indicators. Thank you for your understanding.

There is not currently a way to increase the size of the default triangle execution markers used for entries/exits. With that said, there is an existing feature request to add this item to the platform and I will add your vote to help us track additional interest in this potential feature. The internal tracking number for this feature request is SFT-1193. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thank you for using NinjaTrader.​
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Haiasi, 04-25-2024, 06:53 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Massinisa  
        Started by Creamers, Today, 05:32 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes