Incorrect volume with forex.com connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect volume with forex.com connection

Hello, i just connected to a Forex.com demo account and the volume in real time all shows up as these ridiculous values, I've tried tick replay off and on, Is there any fix you can suggest for this as the only reason i wanted it in ninja was for the volume analysis aspect. It is fine if you reload history, but first real time bar will be like 5 million cts, dwarfing all history

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	vol.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1283252

Hello cdsmart,

Thank you very much for your post.

It is important to understand that forex data does not have centralized servers that report executions. Instead, the volume is reported by each brokerage individually and is often not recorded at all.

Using volume with forex can be misleading, as you would not be looking at the volume of the market. Depending on the Forex broker, this means each tick might be reported e.g. as 1 Quantity or 1,000, without a direct relation to the actual executions.

The reason the chart then differs is because historical data is provided by NinjaTrader, while real-time data would be received from your Forex broker.

To resolve this, please disable NinjaTrader's historical data server in your connection settings. The platform would then exclusively use the data provided by your provider instead.

Further information in this regard may also be found in the following posts:​

Hello, I didn't find info I need in the guide https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?data_box.htm so will ask here: what are the units of

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	1283255Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1283256

Hello Manfred,

I am aware of the decentralized nature of fx data but in saying that every other platform provides at least consistent history merging into real time, unlike above in the before and after pics, this is pretty much unusable and yes the ninjatrader history box is unchecked. Surely there must be somewhere to get decent fx data into ninja. FXCM doesn't supply anymore apparently, only source i can find to trial is Forex.com and this is the result.

Comment

OK further to that, seeing as it looked no different to before i changed the global merge policy to do not merge incase it was still using the ninja historical data, it is now all one terrible looking highly similar volume all the way. So with that being the case, where does ninja get its historical volume from and can i use that as a live feed as the historical ninja volume looks really good and useable. I would just like to be able to use that. Surely that is possible?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Harry, 05-02-2018, 01:54 PM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tharton3  
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 01:16 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able