Error Message on Chart Trader Stop Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Message on Chart Trader Stop Loss

I'm getting an error message on all the contracts for the stop loss. I click OK. Nothing is affected with the ATM Strategy. It works as its supposed to. What can be causing this popup message?
    Attached Files

Hello SteveReiza ,

Thank you for your post.

This error indicates a stop order was placed on the wrong side of the market.

A buy stop must be placed above the current market price and a sell stop must be placed below the current market price.

This error can occur when an ATM strategy is placing / moving a stop order within a few ticks of the market price. In these cases, the market moves too quickly for the stop to successfully submit.

Example:

If the ES is trading at 4500.00, and a buy market order is filled with an ATM strategy attached to submit a stop and target order four ticks (one point) from the entry price.

The buy market order is filled at 4500.00, but in the time it takes to report back to the platform and submit the stop and target orders (usually 50-300 ms) the market price drops to 4498.00.

The sell stop order tries to submit at 4499.00, but this is now above the market price of 4498.00 and receives this rejection.

To prevent this message, consider widening your stop or avoid trading in high volatility environments depending on your trading strategy and preferences.

It could be that you have a Stop Strategy/Trailing stop that keeps trying to move the Stop loss above the current price.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
    ​​
    Erick P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the cashier sound is happening when i hit my first profit trigger on the auto breakeven, but the stop loss doesn't move. and, when price goes to the autobreak even it doesn't exit.
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the reply. i have the auto breakeven at 16 now. and, it's still doing it. it won't move the auto breakeven. 16 is a lot. i'm trading the NQ. it's not that much volume. it makes the cashier sound way early I noticed.

Comment

i have the profit trigger and the plus swapped. that's why. thanks again for the reply!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Taddypole, 04-26-2024, 02:47 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post eDanny
          by eDanny

Started by kujista, 04-23-2024, 06:23 AM
          6 responses
          0 likes