Question about Multiple Broker Add-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Multiple Broker Add-on

I am a Canadian resident, so I can't open a Ninjatrader Brokerage account. My stock broker is Interactive Brokers (IB).

I am evaluating to buy a monthly Multiple Broker Add-on, then use NT Desktop to trade stock in my Interactive Brokers account.

Is there any limitation with using Multiple Broker Add-on to trade stocks in Interactive Brokers account ?

Please note that I need to trade in Stock Market, and I have no plane to trade Futures or other asset classes.

Thank you,

Hello pythontrader,

Thanks for posting.

You are correct that enabling the Multi-Broker add-on would allow one to trade live through an Interactive Brokers account connection-- which does support stocks/equities trading in the NinjaTrader platform. Could you please clarify further what kinds of limitations you may be referring to?
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Drew,

Thank you for help and providing answer.

>>Could you please clarify further what kinds of limitations you may be referring to?

I was wondering if the NT software has any limitation when it connect to IB. If there is no known or documented limitation or consideration, then that I am good.

Thank you,

Comment

One limitation to think about if you are considering using Schwab as your market data feed provider via Ninjatrader, is that the NT platform will not connect to Schwab for a data feed to NT as it was in the past. This platform doesn't even support one of the largest brokerages in the world. NT management is still not committed to getting the NT API connection to Schwab up and running nor does it look hopeful that they ever will, now that the two are competing brokerages in certain markets. Many of us long time NT lifetime license holders got screwed in the whole TDA to Schwab take-over as we (NT license holders) were all able to connect to the TDA free data feed via NT in the past. Lesson learned- NT will screw you over at any given time with brokerage take overs or brokers that change policies that NT finds competitive in nature. You'll be out your entire platform cost unless you cave and use a different (and potentially more costly) NT supported broker in order to keep using NT. It's not just a few of us who got boned either. Consider that before deciding on a platform. Have a good one.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bc24fl, 08-30-2019, 01:58 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by tradingnasdaqprueba, 04-09-2024, 09:52 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba