Position limit error when closing a micro contract trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position limit error when closing a micro contract trade

Hello I got an error when my strategy is closing a winning position. I am trading Micro Crude Oil contract with a position size of 5 lots. My understanding is this should be well under any position limits. This is the 2nd consecutive day i have this problem. I trade the strategy through NinjaTrader brokerage and also through a different brokerage using Tradovate. The ninjatrader brokerage acct and Tradovate accounts are different and both were trading micro cl 5 lots at the time.

Only the Ninjatrader Brokerage account had this issue. Tradovate account closed the position fine. I do not think this is a free margin issue as the problem was on closing the order. The strategy does have a trailing sell / buy stop that is moved as price moves
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mediaboy; 12-12-2023, 07:13 AM.

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files for this issue. These files contain diagnostic information related to what is occurring on your platform that will help us resolve this issue in a timely manner.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files. Please attach the files to an email to [email protected].
    • Open the Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item for you.​
    Kimberly H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see the default position limits for MCL is only 10 contracts.... Perhaps the issue is my orders when filled then have stop limits sent in... so maybe combination of orders to exit and stop orders put me right at the threshold and maybe over that if some timing issues with the orders... The limits are listed here

https://ninjatrader.com/pdf/ninjatra....pdf?_gl=1*1bf 4673*_gcl_au*NjUxMTcyNTA5LjE2OTY4OTAyMjM.

Any possibility of slightly raising this limit via trade desk? I will experiment with lowering position size to less than 5 lots.

I sent logs and trace earlier today and referenced this forum post
      Last edited by mediaboy; 12-12-2023, 03:31 PM.

Comment

We received your email and have replied to it!

Correct. You'll have to reach out to the order's desk to increase contract limits. They can be reached at [email protected]
        Kimberly H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Balage0922  
        Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes