What are the steps to downgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the steps to downgrade?

The compilation on 8.1.2.1 is taking way too long. I need to downgrade until you get this sorted out.

What is the proper sequence of steps to downgrade successfully?

Should I shut everything down and reinstall the old installer?

Is there something else I should be doing?

Regards,
    R C.

My compilation never finished and froze NT. There are serious problems with the 8.1.2.1 compiler!

Comment

I have similar problems for a few weeks now. Also, for me my scripts that have been compiled in 81.2.1 won't open in an earlier version of NT.
      So, I found a workaround that seems to be working at least with my script and my platform.

My Workaround:

What I do is watch the NinjaScript Editor when I click compile. Whether I compile from the editor or from Visual Studio if you use that. Shortly you will see the Editor screen refresh. That seems to be when the actual compilation has completed, but that small icon in the lower left of the Editor window with the downward moving arrow continues and there is no beep emitted. If after about 15 seconds or so, the compilation beep does not sound, I go to the Control Center (NINJATRADER) and use right click on title bar to close. THEN you will hear the beep and the other open windows will close the the Control Center last to close. Restart and compile again and is usually works and so far all code intact including in Visual Studio if you use that.
      Last edited by JGRtrader; 12-09-2023, 06:09 PM. Reason: I may not have used the correct method for returning to the previous version. I removed and installed the older version NT with the same NinjaTrader 8 folder.

Comment

I would appreciate some help in downgrading cleanly.

I uninstalled 8.1.2.1 using the Windows uninstaller.
        I reinstalled 8.1.1.7 using the NT install file.

When I try to open NT, I get two pop-up screens.
        "Unable to load custom assembly. The original version has been restored. You need to recompile your custom NinjaScript files."

"Unable to load custom assembly. Please reinstall NinjaTrader. Could find a part of the path."

What steps am I missing to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of 8.1.1.7?

Regards,
        R. C.​

Comment

Hello R. C.,

You can perform a clean uninstall/reinstall NinjaTrader Desktop as per the instructions below.
          • Shut down NinjaTrader.
          • Navigate to the Documents folder in Windows.
          • Right click the "NinjaTrader 8" folder and select Rename. Name it "NinjaTrader 8 Old". This folder contains all settings and data.
          • Uninstall NinjaTrader via Windows start menu-->Settings-->Apps.
          • Reinstall NinjaTrader from the link below.
          • https://support.ninjatrader.com/s/ar...language=en_US
          You will have a fresh new installation without any of your settings and data.

If you like to restore settings and data, I suggest to restore 1 item at a time. Then check if the issue persists. If not, restore another item, test again and so on. I have included some file locations below.

Workspaces
          Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces

Database
          Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->NinjaTrader.sqlite

Chart templates
          Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Chart

Market Analyzer templates
          Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Market Analyzer

Other templates
          Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->templates-->Strategy, Indicator, etc

Historical data
          Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->db-->day/minute/tick folders

NinjaScript items
          Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->bin-->Custom
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am facing the same issue - compiling never finishes. i guess this issue is not solved yet :-/

Comment

Hello kujista,

Can you please send us an email via Control Center-->Help-->Email Support to troubleshoot the issue.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I already downgraded back to 8.1.1.7 and made a clean install so i do not have log files of new version installed..

Trouble was i made some changes and compiled data. then i switched to debug mode and catch the error in visual studio. then after compilation never finished and i had to restart ninja every time... NinjaTrader.Custom.dll had size 0 bytes so i had to made install to fix it... but compilation never worked good. as i see this issue is facing more people. I have windows 11 64bit.

I am not sure if this helps. Downgrade solved it, temporarly.. but i would like to use newer compiler when issue is solved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post AaronKoRn  
                Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post carnitron